Spyder Garage

Default De acceleration Pop?

Occasionally experience a pop when slowing to a stop. On a 2012 RSS-SE5. What is the cause and the cure please. Thank you. John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwing View Post
    Occasionally experience a pop when slowing to a stop. On a 2012 RSS-SE5. What is the cause and the cure please. Thank you. John
    Do you have an aftermarket muffler? If so, that may be the reason for the popping. I remember when I had my two wheeled motorcycles, it would pop if I didn't install a fuel sensor with the new exhaust.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

It is normal but with the stock muffler you don't notice it that much. If you have an after market pipe you will notice it much more and depending on the pipe you can add a fuel mixture regulator/controler. I have a yoshimura R77 and poping is there and I can control it with the clutch and throttle but if you have a semi automatic it is tough to do....if it is occasional I would not worry may be a combination of weather and engine temp....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You need new Y pipe exhaust gaskets. Likely only the right side one has gone bad, but you have to change both. That will stop the pop on deceleration.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default De accel Pop

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It is normal but with the stock muffler you don't notice it that much. If you have an after market pipe you will notice it much more and depending on the pipe you can add a fuel mixture regulator/controler. I have a yoshimura R77 and poping is there and I can control it with the clutch and throttle but if you have a semi automatic it is tough to do....if it is occasional I would not worry may be a combination of weather and engine temp....
    Thanks for the help. Stock exhaust. John

Spyder Garage

Default Y Gaskets

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    You need new Y pipe exhaust gaskets. Likely only the right side one has gone bad, but you have to change both. That will stop the pop on deceleration.
    thank you. I recall reading about Honda gaskets-any idea of a source and Part #s? John

Spyder Garage

Honda part # 18392-MAM-000
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gene to the rescue!
    (Ya beat me to it! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Y Gaskets

Got them ordered. Found a great pictorial- how to replace the Y Gaskets by Wacky Dan. Great site. Appreciate the help. John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+1. Had the same thing happen with mine. Stock exhaust. New Y gasket cured it.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also had the same issue, new gaskets fixed that ?? Not sure why or how , but they did.

Spyder Garage

I love the decel explosions from my Two Brothers exhaust! I've always been curious why people try to get rid of it. I find it super badass and exotic sounding.

What say you guys that dislike it, reasons why?
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    I love the decel explosions from my Two Brothers exhaust! I've always been curious why people try to get rid of it. I find it super badass and exotic sounding.

What say you guys that dislike it, reasons why?

Simply because i hate noise.
    Silver RT Limited SE5 2013

BAJARON Anti-Sway Bar, BAJARON Heim Joints, SPYDERPOPS Bumpskid, SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner, SENA SM10 Dongle, CORBIN Passenger Armrest w. cupholder, UTOPIA Driver Backrest, SPYDERFLAP Mud Flap, STEBEL Nautilus Air Horn, TRICLED Rear Top LED Bar, TRICLED, 3rd & 4th Brake LED, TRICLED Mirror Turn Signal, TRICLED Tricfenderz LED Strip, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Front Mud Flap LED, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Amber Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Red Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Fender Tips ...

Spyder Garage

Will new gaskets and exhaust wrap quiet down the noise from under the tupperware ?
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam