Spyder Garage

Default Paint on a 2011 RT and dealing with Insurance Company

My wife was involved in a minor accident and has some gouges and scraps to the front end of her RT, namely the nose, the lower front left wing, the fender and a big gouge to the lower wing also.

The insurance adjuster is saying it can be painted and look like new. I'm saying the paint is part of the plastic molding process (embedded) in the plastic; which I want the parts replaced to ensure long term and proper wear.

Can such damage be re-painted at a body shop? Or do the parts need to be replaced due to the paint being ionized or something in the plastic??

Any help would be appreciated.
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I believe

That the panels are painted as we get a nick from time to time from flying gravel etc. Smarter people than me on this bored though!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The factory plastic body parts are black plastic that is painted. New factory prepainted parts, if they are available in the right color for a 2011, may not match all that well.

A GOOD body shop should have no trouble paint matching and properly applying paint to plastic body panels. Most cars have used plastic moulded front and rear bumpers and other panels for years. Its not new or rocket science.

I would be concerned about the quality of the panel repairs. If there is any repair work to be done beyond painting, its often cheaper to replace than repair anyway.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame