Spyder Garage

Default Possible future issue help

On my was back from lake George the check engine light came on and the Rt went into limp mode. while I was doing 75mph in the middle lane. this is the second time. I pulled over cut the engine off and sat there. waited 1min restarted the RT drove home 160miles no more issues. I am starting to not trust this bike ...please some one tell me some thing good.....

Spyder Garage

I would take it in and get it checked out by a Can Am mechanic. It sounds like maybe your nanny isn't working right. Sometimes there could be a loose wire or bad sending unit.
    Good luck.

Don

Spyder Garage

Default Agreed...^^

Have it checked out..
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Could you have possibly had your foot hovering over the brake?

Spyder Garage

Default EGG-ZAK-LEE

I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY RS......
    AFTER 2 or 3 WEEKS OF MESS'n AROUND, I CHECKED MY BATTERY, AND ALL IT WAS, WAS A LOSE CONNECTION.... I PUT SOME 'LOCK-WASHERS' ON, AND TIGHTENED THE SCREWS, AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AFTER THAT....
    GOOD LUCK, AND KEEP US POSTED... WE CARE...

Spyder Garage

Default Grimmlins

Ill make an appointment asap. see if I can wait for it at dealer. so battery terminals where loss on yours and this caused your can am to go into limp mode....

Spyder Garage

Default YUP

Quote Originally Posted by MOSESS View Post
    Ill make an appointment asap. see if I can wait for it at dealer. so battery terminals where loss on yours and this caused your can am to go into limp mode....
    YUP..... HALF-DOZEN TIMES... before I noticed that the battery wire (+) was jumping around ....

Spyder Garage

Take it in and have it checked out. Possible the oil filter is collapsing and when the engine isn't running, it will open up to let some oil flow through it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ann's ST does this. The brake light sticks which issues an VSS error and then will send it into Limp Home mode. No she's not riding the brake. I could replicate the issue in the garage by pressing the brake pedal half way down and the pedal returned too slowly. The brake light would then stick. Had it to the shop several times and it wasn't fixed. I finally took the panels off and found the cam at the end was very dirty with road crud. I cleaned it up with WD40 at the cam and pivot. Then once the WD40 was relatively dry, I sprayed lithium grease on the pivot and cam, worked pedal up and down, and repeated with lithium grease. Problem fixed.

Anyhow this is an easy test to either identify the problem or eliminate it. It could be a different problem as others stated.

Spyder Garage

Default It only happened twice

Its not a brake issue, Both times I was on the highway doing 75mph .never touched the brakes...Now that I started a new company its going to be hard to get it to a shop....