Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

i have new cover it works well,but winter scares me in N.E. I may have to rearage my, shead lose my bench and lots of stuff. they dont like portabe any thing ,and i have a 92 Goldwing sitting in the driveway too.Nothing is easy .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABBADABBA View Post
    i have new cover it works well,but winter scares me in N.E. I may have to rearage my, shead lose my bench and lots of stuff. they dont like portabe any thing ,and i have a 92 Goldwing sitting in the driveway too.Nothing is easy .
    Who is 'they'?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Who is 'they'?
    Start at post #1 dated 6-11-2016 the first few post talk about they, they have rules. I'm thinking maybe HOA.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Start at post #1 dated 6-11-2016 the first few post talk about they, they have rules. I'm thinking maybe HOA.
    I had to leave an HOA whose restrictions were in conflict with my lifestyle.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShortCake View Post
    I am in the middle of purchasing a 2015 RT S SE6 leftover with a deep discount at the dealer. In fact, the bike is still in the warehouse in the box! Anyway, my main question is for those that do NOT have a garage.

I live in a townhome with a cul-de-sac. We have assigned parking spaces but with the kids here, ect. I do not trust it out there with a cover. During the riding season, I do plan on keeping it on my back porch (which is a cement pad). Call me crazy, but I have not ridden in a couple years and miss 2 wheels. With having a bad knee, I am now at the mercy of 3-wheels and I do not want to wait any longer, for life is passing me by while I see myself continuing to say "next year". Even with a decent amount down, I will have a monthly payment close to the same as my SUV along with insurance. A storage unit monthly is NOT in my budget.

Is there anyone here that keeps their spyder outside with a high quality cover? What do you do in the winter? Any/all suggestions are appreciated

Thanks!
    Would you & the dealer be comfortable keeping it in the box until closer to spring? Go ahead & purchase or lock in with a deposit if required hopefully the dealer will cooperate for the extended time, (Should even be able save on insurance for the winter months if you don’t register till spring ) also allowing you time to find storage options that fit your space restrictions a good enclosed trailer could dual purpose storage & transport if needed f you SUV can support it.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiev View Post
    In your case I think a full cover might work best, however the Bike Barn, as stated both others is perfect in my case. The second picture was after a heavy snow of over 15" last winter. You will note there is no snow on the top. I placed a cheap portable heater (less than $20 I got at Tractor Supply) and set it on the lowest fan speed and heat setting. Kept the snow off the cover throughout this storm and all other storms this past winter.

A 60W droplight can do wonders too like EZ bake ovens, our winters down here don’t get snow but like every 10yr or so but still cold enough for dads 84 Diesel 1ton truck to need some overnight warmth. & rather than installing a block heater & risk another part breaking or failing, went simple & just kept a drop light under the hood each night (sorry don’t know where, just under the hood). & when we had attic jobs he would have a quartz halogen work light warm it up & keep it warm for us. Several houses requested we leave the light it warmed up enough. Dad was a MASTER Electrician by the way.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have three-four suggestions.... First for $20 a month just rent a 5’ wide 8’ storage unit. If not, Are you allowed to have a trailer parked? If so, get a simple flatbread trailer for $750 put 2x4 along the side and make it enclosed then you have a trailer to take later if you want. ( Tractor supply is around the corner) Third they make fiberglass covers for snowmobile trailers to go over a trailer. Go find a used one for $200 and screw 2x4 mini wall under them to elevate it up and you have a cover that will last forever. I have seen 4 feet of snow ontop of them up in michigan. They will not break. If not build a wooden crate and make your own cover. I’m in the snow belt area and we get way more than you do doubled and I would never use an alumium frame tarp cover to hold snow back. Here even the temp metal topped metal canapys get broken from the winds and snow. Look outside any motorsport dealer those boxes that the snowmobiles, Spyders, maverick etc last forever. Just build a crate for. 2x4 walls, 1/2” plywood walls and screws so you can take it apart in sections for the next year. Talk to some storage areas and see if you can simply leave the crate outside on the lot. I know guys that rent spots up here for $75 a winter starting in November and ending in May. Remake the crate, drive it in, close the back and open in the spring on the lot. Your insurance will cover it. You don’t need there added insurance. It’s a 15 minute drive north a bit but just outside cranberry 79 there are huge camper storage lots.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiev View Post
    In your case I think a full cover might work best, however the Bike Barn, as stated both others is perfect in my case. The second picture was after a heavy snow of over 15" last winter. You will note there is no snow on the top. I placed a cheap portable heater (less than $20 I got at Tractor Supply) and set it on the lowest fan speed and heat setting. Kept the snow off the cover throughout this storm and all other storms this past winter.

Brilliant cover/garage. The problem sometimes with close fitting plastic covers is when it gets a little sunny and gravel/mud drive is the condensation it generates.
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red

Spyder Garage

We live in a 55 pluse park and it is part of there rules.

Spyder Garage

You guy's know this post started in 2016 right!! I do like the fold over cover!!!! Man we have no life do we??
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

ok every one ,what are all of you folks use to keep the gas stable ,no pun inteded.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABBADABBA View Post
    ok every one ,what are all of you folks use to keep the gas stable ,no pun inteded.
    I use Seafoam in all my toys. I use to use Stabil, but I've had it go bad in the bottle after less than a year and gas in my snowmobiles go bad using it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

StarTron. It works very well. Been using it for 3 years and no problems.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I've been using either Star Tron or Seafoam, whatever is on sale. Never had issues with either.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue