Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I will slightly differ with many of the posts on here. I own several types of vehicles and ride them often.

For me, my Harley Ultra Limited is much smoother than my Spyder(s) (900 series and 1330). My experience with HD trikes is that they are also smoother than my Spyder(s).

As mentioned, I get the opportunity to hop on one or another often, with little to no time between them, so the subtle differences are noticed immediately.

Lastly, it was mentioned, trikes cover more road surface, so the chance of hitting more bumps is increased, versus a two-wheeler.

Just my honest opinion...

You need to test ride the choices and make your own decision. No one knows you body more than you.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've heard everybody saying how great Spyders are on rough roads...

But as with ANY "three-track" vehicle: you're going to be hitting bumps and dips, that you might avoid on a "single-track" one.

Having said this: the Spyder's suspension is far more compliant than a Tri-Glide, or Free-Wheeler's.
    I haven't ridden enough of the conversions, to make a fair comparison; but I'd still bet that the Spyder is smoother than them also.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have to say, I was concerned about my F3T on the way to Hot Springs. Going over rough areas, I found my arms going akimbo trying to keep hold of the bars. After Harvey put on the Baja Ron bar, it's be sooooooo much better.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree with you

A friend of mine bought a used RTL and the ride was not right. He took it in for a laser alignment and it worked wonders. Also, he had the front 2 wheels balanced. Says it rides like a new bike. My 13 RTL rides great and no problems with the suspension or alignment. The only thing that I did was buy some insurance for the long trips, an air cushion. So far, no problems with my seat being uncomfortable.

QUOTE=PrairieSpyder;1142468] I don't have the depth of ryding experience as many here, but an RT with proper suspension and alignment is about as comfortable as you can get.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by SPIDR1; 06-11-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

I have had 3 Goldwing trikes, all Hannigans, which most Goldwing people consider the smoothest conversion. My wife's RT-S is every bit as smooth. I have rented and ridden Harley Tri-Glides on some trips and they are the most ill handling and rough riding of any trike. But since they are Harleys there will always be a market for these outdated machines.

You will always get a rocking side to side motion with a trike but and solid rear trike is much worse.

My F3-S is also a smooth ride.

Bill

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've only been riding our spyder for 2 years...it's the RSS which already has a tight suspension. Even on Rough roads I found it easy to handle, and I don't feel road beaten. Here in IL you don't always know road condition until you get to it... it's such a smooth ride, it feels weird to drive my car afterwards. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk