Spyder Garage

Default Front turn signal on mirror wire color

I'm at my whits end. Does anyone know the wiring color or where the mirror blinker runs to? At the mirror there is a pair of solid black and a solid white wires and it goes goes into a plug. It then runs behind a panel that goes around under the headlights. I can't figure out how to remove it. The wire goes into the main wiring harness but has a leg that branches off to who knows where behind that panel. The main goes toward the top A-arm where there are 3 plugs but there isn't any solid white wires.
    I need to connect a wire for the turn signals on the A-arms to blink that I got from TricLed. There isn't a way to connect that wire at the mirror because there isn't a hole to go through nor room to splice into the wire.
    Does anyone know where these wires go?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Tricled turn signal wire

I am very glad you asked this question.
    I am facing the same installation problem.
    My Spyder is a 2013 STS. Hope to hear from someone who solved this problem.
    Cheers, David C.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Get a $5 volt meter and, with the indicators flashing, put the negative volt meter lead to "ground" and touch each of the pins in the plugs with the positive lead of the voltmeter. If you see the voltmeter needle or display register a reading, you have found the right pin. (The needle will go up/down with the volts or the display will go 0 12 0 etc).

Jeff

Spyder Garage

I got the help I needed from a Facebook group for Spyders. I was able to take off a couple of panels and the covers for the mirror. I then ran the wire and connected them to it.
    Works great!