Spyder Garage

Default 2013 rts hard starting

I have a 2013 RT that sat in the garauge for two days. Rain fog and real damp weather. I went out Monday morning sunny day no start? cranked over fine just had battery tender on it. I could smell raw fuel at exasust. Took plastic off checked hoses, wiring, and plugs. Plugs were a little wet with fuel, blow them out with air. I put it back together and started fire but cranked along time before it was running. I have road it for two days now and it runs fine. Any thoughts you guys or gals have would be helpful.

Thank you Ron

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Even though this motor is fuel injected, every so often they act like they're flooded. Sometimes they'll cough once and then just not start. The procedure is to hold the throttle wide open and then crank it over about 10 seconds. Holding wide open throttle actually tells the ECM to cut off fuel and this clears it out. After that, release the throttle and it will start normally.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238