Thread: Zumo 590

Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 590

Using the Garmin 590 on a 2016 RT but cannot transmit in blue tooth mode without using the "PTT" button, is this normal or is the unit wired wrong?. Thanks for information on this problem from members or BRP
    Joseph

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRIPMAN View Post
    Using the Garmin 590 on a 2016 RT but cannot transmit in blue tooth mode without using the "PTT" button, is this normal or is the unit wired wrong?. Thanks for information on this problem from members or BRP
    Joseph
    I am a little confused about your "transmit" comment. How/why/what does a GPS unit transmit?
    Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

2015 RT-S SE6 Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Garmin 590

Quote Originally Posted by nakerr View Post
    I am a little confused about your "transmit" comment. How/why/what does a GPS unit transmit?
    Cell phone blue tooth connection is through the 590 GPS and my hook-up will not permit talking to caller.
    Joseph

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What bluetooth headset are you using?

I have the Garmin 590 and the Sena 20s headsets, it all works great.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRIPMAN View Post
    Cell phone blue tooth connection is through the 590 GPS and my hook-up will not permit talking to caller.
    Joseph
    I'm assuming you have a wired headset ?
    You need a special part in order to connect to the GPS. It's the cell phone interface, I don't remember the part number.
    If you have a bluetooth headset, just pair your phone to your headset directly.
    Either that, or you need to pair your phone to the GPS and then pair your headset to the GPS.
    If you could add more information as to what equipment you have installed, it would go a long way to allowing us to help you.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

If you have a wired headset system, then the part number for the cellphone interface cable is #219400390. Feel free to PM me and I will send you my number if you have questions about the BRP wired communication system.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-08-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.