Thread: P0127/Arizona

Spyder Garage

Default P0127/Arizona

I live in the intense hot sun in Phoenix AZ. I have to park my '13 RT Ltd in the sun here at work. I bought a cover to protect it from the sun. When I get off to go home the code P0127 comes up. Doing my due diligence I learned that it is the hot air throwing this code. People say it will turn off after the air cools off to get it at operating temp, but it does not. I have to actually shut my machine down for it to turn the code off. Anybody else have this ongoing problem and have you found a solution? It is early in the year and this will make for a looooong summer!

Spyder farkles:

Baja Ron sway bar, Wrap my spyder graphics, Web boards, Power commander V, Spyder pops bump skid, American flag light, Trailer hitch, Freedom trailer, Garmin zumo 660, Sena SMH10, Blue toothed 64g iPod touch, Comfort seat & backrest,
    Last edited by ray071295; 06-04-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Not finished

Spyder Garage

I had same problem last year followed by a radiator leak, months later. With the heat radiating off the concrete or asphalt what I found to help was parking in whatever shade I could, (even funny angles beside big trucks) it worked best if there was a grass spot available, or a puddle in lot. But that was just here in Louisiana lol.
    Hope you can find something there, not sure if a cover will help, I was told the sensor is in the air box ...? Fyi my ambient temp said it was 107f or higher when actual temp was only 93f few bad days I could not find shade & just limped home thankfully not too far.

I wasn't there but I still care!
    POW MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Hi try a light colered cover or just get a couple big car windshield reflector with some commercial grade velcro you could come up with a good heat reflector. I know in Gilbert AZ not much shade either.Good Luck Kenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ray071295 View Post
    I live in the intense hot sun in Phoenix AZ. I have to park my '13 RT Ltd in the sun here at work. I bought a cover to protect it from the sun. When I get off to go home the code P0127 comes up. Doing my due diligence I learned that it is the hot air throwing this code. People say it will turn off after the air cools off to get it at operating temp, but it does not. I have to actually shut my machine down for it to turn the code off. Anybody else have this ongoing problem and have you found a solution? It is early in the year and this will make for a looooong summer

Spyder farkles:
    Baja Ron sway bar, Wrap my spyder graphics, Web boards, Power commander V, Spyder pops bump skid, American flag light, Trailer hitch, Freedom trailer, Garmin zumo 660, Sena SMH10, Blue toothed 64g iPod touch, Comfort seat & backrest,

Hi try a light colered cover or just get a couple big car windshield reflector with some commercial grade velcro you could come up with a good heat reflector. I know in Gilbert AZ not much shade either.
    Good Luck Kenn

Spyder Garage

You ain't seen nothin yet. Today in Tucson it was 114* Just wait till it gets "HOT". 115-120. I start my rides

at 0'dark 30 (0430 for you civilians) and hang up my sweaty socks about noon. A six pack of BlueMoon will

get me through the rest of the day. A/C, the Western channel or the Military channel helps also.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I too live in Arizona and abide the hot summers here. Fortunately, my bikes and Spyder have always lived in the relative coolness of a garage, so I rarely leave it parked outside for extended periods. If I do, I try to find the coveted shady spot. So far I haven't had any issues with codes due to the heat.

As an aside, it was 116 yesterday as I rode home from a short 26 mile hop to a breakfast event. It was brutal, but I still love living in Arizona! Our lovely winters make up for a few months of intense heat.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    I too live in Arizona and abide the hot summers here. Fortunately, my bikes and Spyder have always lived in the relative coolness of a garage, so I rarely leave it parked outside for extended periods. If I do, I try to find the coveted shady spot. So far I haven't had any issues with codes due to the heat.

As an aside, it was 116 yesterday as I rode home from a short 26 mile hop to a breakfast event. It was brutal, but I still love living in Arizona! Our lovely winters make up for a few months of intense heat.

Pam
    Hi Pam you the man and me the sissy girl. My spyder never left the garage in Gilbert yesterday and will not till it is trailered to the mountains for rides. At 116○ I be inside with Ice tea reading forums.
    Kenn
    P.s. I have been out in 100 plus and no code
    Last edited by kbwitt; 06-05-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: add to

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

That temp sensor is mounted on the side of the frunk under the tupperwear on most of these units. The heat comming of the asphalt/pavement will fill the area and linger till you get some air flow. Some have moved the sensor to another location where the road heat is less. You will see a lot of complaint here about the temp reading not matching the outside temp and because of its location never will. You could move it, put a heat deflector around it or just know its going to do it's thing....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We had the hot air code yesterday on the way home from lunch in Nipton, Ca. with our SRA group. Thermometer on bike showed 127 degrees at Lake Mead. At least it's "dry heat", right?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    We had the hot air code yesterday on the way home from lunch in Nipton, Ca. with our SRA group. Thermometer on bike showed 127 degrees at Lake Mead. At least it's "dry heat", right?

I like the heat there in AZ. as compared to here in FL., (low humidity) and it's also
    not bad on my old joints! But that's just my opinion.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bodymanpainter View Post
    I like the heat there in AZ. as compared to here in FL., (low humidity) and it's also
    not bad on my old joints! But that's just my opinion.
    Toby
    plus there are no alligators sitting next to you Spyder in Arizona
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Default Hot in Phoenix

I have gotten this once or twice when I was out and about and parked it for a while and the temp was above 110.
    It went away after getting on the highway, did not seem to affect the bike any.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had a friend over yesterday on a 2011 RT, he parked on the street and was freaking out when he started it and he had check engine. I looked at the temperature and it read 132. That is the hottest I have ever seen one. He had P0127 and I sent him a link to the thread from BRP Care on what causes P0127 and P0217 errors. If your temperature is reading over 120 you may just see this happen to you. I have never had it happen on my 2014 but it did on my 2013 and on my 2010.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622