Spyder Garage

Default Thinking about getting an F3

Hello all,

Middle-aged guy with a wife that doesn't want him to ride two wheels here. I've been by the local dealership and sat on the various models to see which one "felt" best and the f3 is the winner. Now here it gets interesting, I'd like to go on a test drive but they said that their insurance prohibits them from offering them except during the can-am dealer days.

What do i do? I want to try it out before making a true decision. Advice would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpoly View Post
    Hello all,

Middle-aged guy with a wife that doesn't want him to ride two wheels here. I've been by the local dealership and sat on the various models to see which one "felt" best and the f3 is the winner. Now here it gets interesting, I'd like to go on a test drive but they said that their insurance prohibits them from offering them except during the can-am dealer days.

What do i do? I want to try it out before making a true decision. Advice would be appreciated.
    on thinking about an F3. The insurance statement is a bunch of BS. The dealer don't want to allow test rides. Find one that does would be my advice.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have choices
    1 go to another dealer
    2 call their bluff - flash some cash but Absolutely Refuse to hand it over until you have had a long test ride
    3 go to another dealer - if that is their rigid attitude when selling, imagine how horrid they will be when servicing or problem solving?

The difference between a happy or horrid Spyder experience is IMO the dealer, so my suggestion is to research dealers nearby as much as you research the spyder.

Dont overlook any slightly used models either! Maybe some on this site?

May I also suggest you add a passenger backrest? Essential for pillion...

Spyder Garage

Default No such thing...

Look for another dealer is your best move...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Do you have a motorcycle license? When I was shopping for my F3, no dealer allowed test drives without one. If you don't, I would recommend taking the motorcyle safety course (MSF).

2015 F3S. Farkles: Route 129 shield, passenger backrest, Lidlox, cup holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwsmoothe View Post
    Do you have a motorcycle license? When I was shopping for my F3, no dealer allowed test drives without one. If you don't, I would recommend taking the motorcyle safety course (MSF).

2015 F3S. Farkles: Route 129 shield, passenger backrest, Lidlox, cup holder
    That sounds like the answer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree that the insurance thing is BS - if you have a motorcycle endorsement. If you do, then find another dealer and never go near this one again. If you don't, then take the MSF course and then go shopping again.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)