Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave's last visit was on May 22nd...
    Hopefully, he'll see this, and check in with us!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 60K

Just this past week Pyder went over 60K that's from 28 Feb 2011. Looking at 100K eventually.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Dave's last visit was on May 22nd...
    Hopefully, he'll see this, and check in with us!
    He is on Facebook
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hi Jim, so will you share with us about any work you have had done with the VALVES on that 990 engine .......Thanks , Mike
    Sorry I didn't get back to you 'til now but was busy with doctors visits yesterday for my wife and myself.

I had the valves checked at 55,000 miles and all was found to be in spec. As far as maintenance I have done almost all myself as far as oil changes, air cleaner maintenance and greasing the A arms which is almost impossible to do with the location of the zerk fittings and any other routine maintenance.

One problem I have had was with the coolant reservoir, it ruptured and dumped all of the coolant which left us stranded on the side of Rt. 81 in Pa. for about 4 hours, until my son could come and get us with his trailer (the only time it left us stranded). Then a couple of years ago I had it start leaking again, but that time I noticed it when I had just got back from a ride.

I did have to change the pillows on the A arms at about 70,000 miles or so. I had the the dealer at Phoenix, NY change the valve cover gaskets last year at about 109,000 miles. The rear wheel bearings were changed at about 65,000 miles when the rear tire was being replaced. The front wheel bearings are still the originals and still seem to be working well, although I keep checking them and thought this year I would have to change them and probably will when I change the front brake pads in the near future.

All in all we feel the Spyder has been an excellent machine and still "Love our Spyder".
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjockey View Post
    Sorry I didn't get back to you 'til now but was busy with doctors visits yesterday for my wife and myself.

I had the valves checked at 55,000 miles and all was found to be in spec. As far as maintenance I have done almost all myself as far as oil changes, air cleaner maintenance and greasing the A arms which is almost impossible to do with the location of the zerk fittings and any other routine maintenance.

One problem I have had was with the coolant reservoir, it ruptured and dumped all of the coolant which left us stranded on the side of Rt. 81 in Pa. for about 4 hours, until my son could come and get us with his trailer (the only time it left us stranded). Then a couple of years ago I had it start leaking again, but that time I noticed it when I had just got back from a ride.

I did have to change the pillows on the A arms at about 70,000 miles or so. I had the the dealer at Phoenix, NY change the valve cover gaskets last year at about 109,000 miles. The rear wheel bearings were changed at about 65,000 miles when the rear tire was being replaced. The front wheel bearings are still the originals and still seem to be working well, although I keep checking them and thought this year I would have to change them and probably will when I change the front brake pads in the near future.

All in all we feel the Spyder has been an excellent machine and still "Love our Spyder".
    Jim, have not heard from you in awhile, hope all is well,
    Ron
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Post #30 by Spyderjockey is one of the most valuable posts we could hope for. Real world, first hand information on long term Spyder durability. Outstanding!

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Jim, have not heard from you in awhile, hope all is well,
    Ron
    Hi Ron,

It has been a long time since we have seen each other or had any communications to each other. Been having some health problems lately with skin cancer on my face, B/P issues that have caused some kidney issues. I have battled high blood pressure for 40+ years and it finally took it's toll on my kidneys leaving me with 50% kidney function. Finally found a doctor a couple of years ago that was able to get it down to where it should have been, but the damage was already done. My general practitioner has failed me in several other issues also and am trying to find another doctor....which isn't easy in our area.

Overall though we are doing pretty well and looking forward to some good riding this summer. How have things for you and yours been? We are planning on going to the big event in 2017 in Valcourt. Hope to see you there and before that hopefully.
    Last edited by Spyderjockey; 06-04-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Not bad for a summer that lasts 30 days scattered over 4 months!

AJ
    exSyracusian

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjockey View Post
    Hi guys, I just checked my odometer and I am at 123,862 miles. If we had longer riding season here in central NY I'm sure we would have considerably more. It has been a great bike and almost trouble free. I did have some dealer issues that was expensive, but all is kind of "forgiven". The bike itself has been very dependable and essentially trouble free, it has become part of the family. We are looking forward to the Homecoming next year and should have around 135,000 miles on it, by then, if all goes well.

Still love my Spyder!!!!!

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

my 08 and 09 both went back to zero at 62500 miles

is there a way to correct the milage or is it going to turn over again at62500??

both are rs/gs

Spyder Garage

From what I remember posted several years ago, you needed to get your Spyder to a dealer before you hit that milage, and have it hooked up to the Buds system. They were supposedly able to eliminate that from happening.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888