Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Hard to believe some peoples actions. I think you did right by not upping the ante. You never know where it will go.

We had an incident at a gas station here last week. One guy did not like the way another person was looking at him. He pulled a gun, shot the man in the chest and killed him. For a couple seconds of stupid, he will be spending the rest of his life in jail. He is 23 years old. They had never met before the gas station incident.
    SO TRUE!!! I Say Avoid Trouble IF at ALL Possible in todays Society?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Any time I catch from the wannabe riders, I just remind them that I do not need a machine to prove my manhood, and if they would like to run their POS we can do it then and there. When they start making their stupid excuses I reply, "I thought so" and ride/walk away.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Do you all feel better now?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default Good one!

I can never think that fast on my feet! I always come up with a good 'come back' too late! I admire those that quick with the 'come-back's!!

Spyder Garage

Stop Bashing Harley Guys! I am still a little sensitive about that after riding that Brand for over 57 years. Best riding days of my life both with and without being "patched". Seriously, some of the best standup and loyal people I have ever met. We not be talking about the 1% ers here. Every group has them including this group. HOG's contribute more money to charity and veteran groups than all the rest of the motorcycle groups combined. Take the Memorial Ride to DC across this great country someday and find out what it feels like to be a real Biker with real Camaraderie.

Captain Jack, over and out!
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I almost spit my coffee out reading this. Funny but always be careful.

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OP, thank you for that. I don't usually laugh out loud at humor but I sure did this time. Great line and great come back. Happy he wasn't a big enough nut-job to have attempted to hurt you. Ryde on.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Great post / GREAT COMEBACK!!! I rode Harley's for years n put hundreds of thousands of miles on them... While most Harley riders can be quite nice n non judgmental,,, there are quite a few that subscribe to the Live Free / Ride Free mantra as long as you're livin like them n riding what they ride... I've only been riding Spyders for 3 yrs and anytime I get any negative comments about it my reply goes as follows:: Have you ever ridden a Spyder ??? The answer is 100% of the time no.. Well,,,, you do know that any opinion based on zero factual knowledge of the topic at hand is just plain ignorant and brings no value to the conversation... 😎

Spyder Garage

I am not sure why Harley people behave this way. Sure, most Harley people are posers, but they should have common decency.

We have never had any negative attitude towards my wife's Spyders except from Harley people. We have even had some fender fluff (passenger) give my wife the finger for no reason. I guess they just follow the crowd with the koolaide.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Stop Bashing Harley Guys! I am still a little sensitive about that after riding that Brand for over 57 years. Best riding days of my life both with and without being "patched". Seriously, some of the best standup and loyal people I have ever met. We not be talking about the 1% ers here. Every group has them including this group. HOG's contribute more money to charity and veteran groups than all the rest of the motorcycle groups combined. Take the Memorial Ride to DC across this great country someday and find out what it feels like to be a real Biker with real Camaraderie.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    So I am out enjoying my F3, riding around the Colorado Mountains. I drop back into town for a bite to eat. I come up to a red light and stop. In enters Harley guy. Pulls up very close to me at red light ( oh great, I am thinking). I notice that this is not a real Harley guy, it is a weekend middle age yuppie Harley guy (even worse, I’m thinking). I hear him start laughing really loud. So I look at him (big mistake, I am thinking). He is laughing, shaking his head and pointing at my Sypder and proceeds to tell me how ridiculous the Spyder is and how everyone that rides them looks ridiculous on them.

Now, I know I should have kept my mouth shut. But in my defense, this must have been the longest red light in history and a person can only take so much. So I flip my visor up and say….. wait for it……

“your acting very insecure right now, which leaves me to believe you’ve got a very small dick”

At this point I have 2 things going for me. One, I am a female and two, I know the guy has to put his kick stand down to get off his bike to come after me.

Thankfully, after the guy stares at me in shock for a half a second, the light changes and he guns it and in a roar and a cloud of smoke he was gone.
    You Go Girl!

Good for you! WOHOO!!!!

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 06-01-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have many great friends who ride HD, including my ALR group, most all of them are truly great people.

On a recent ALR poker run one came up to me and said I am making them all feel bad. I asked why, he said because you keep putting it in reverse to park, I said why do you think I do it so often, he laughed.

During the Memorial Day parade, we travelled very slow for about an hour in 90 degree sunshine, they are walking their bikes, kidding about how I have not put a foot down yet, we laughed about it. Late in the parade most of them were standing to eliminate the heat in the private zones, then two of them overheated and had to pull over. This is really important beacayse I am on one of those 2013 RTLs that y'all say are so faulty, not, temp was fine for the bike, me and a good time by all.

One asked me if my seat was hot, I said no, these bikes have a lot of technology, he said really? I said yes, and asked him if he wanted me to tell him about the cooling fluid that is circulated through the seat, he said, absolutely not. I wonder if he is researching that now? ����

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just relating what happen to me this weekend. Not bashing if its a true story. If your so ready to stand up for the 99% then you got to take the heat for the 1%. I personally think that Harley riders put themselves above anyone but Harley riders. Maybe the bad ones really make themselves known buy voicing their opinions. When I first started riding, scooters, then Triumphs I got nothing but disrespect by most. On my scooter I had 2 instances where they tried running me off the road. I am sure it was big fun for them. I can only relate to what I have experienced. I just try to avoid them now because I don’t want the negativity. But now I am ready with great come backs when they mess with me.

Spyder Garage

all the harleys will be out now that its past memorial day, but dont worry they will all be put away by labor day and we will have the roads to ourselves again

Spyder Garage

Default A-Holes on ALL brands

There are a- holes on ALL brands. More on HD, because there are more Harleys out there. Simple as that. I know a couple a-hole Spyder owners too. Whatever, don't care. Don't judge all by the acts of a few.

p.s. I look forward to post Labor Day riding too, after all the garage queens get put away for the year.
    Last edited by coz; 06-01-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I look at it like this. Riding any brand of motorcycle is like wearing a uniform. You have to keep mindful of how you act is representing what your riding. I love all makes and models of motorcycles and yes scooters! I wish I had enough money to own one of each. Do I hate HD riders? Nope I do not. Do I think they are all a-holes? nope I do not. Do I expect some kind of remark when I am around them? you bet I do. Have I had good experience with HD riders? you bet I have! One of the best was with a hard core, big African American tattoo, bugs in the beard Harley to the bone guy. He rode up to me and my boyfriend that had been buzzing around having a blast on our supped up 50cc scooters. We are like "oh crap" kind of moment. He said "how you guys doing? with a big grin on his face. We said "fine". He said "that's great, you look like your having a lot of fun!. We said "we are and usually we get a lot of crap from you guys" he said " look, I don't care what you ride, as long as you ride!"

And that my friends is the moral of the story!!!!!
    Last edited by Tazzel; 06-01-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Some Harley owners are just DICK BAGS!!!! I don't understand why having a Harley makes you better than anyone else.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    There are a- holes on ALL brands. More on HD, because there are more Harleys out there. Simple as that. I know a couple a-hole Spyder owners too. Whatever, don't care. Don't judge all by the acts of a few.

p.s. I look forward to post Labor Day riding too, after all the garage queens get put away for the year.
    Amen, and Thank you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I try not to, but it's hard when some of the HD crowd acts out. We recently participated in a poker run that we have ridden in for the past couple of years. As usual the participants are mostly HD riders. Here's my experience. We talked to some really great people in the parking lot waiting to leave for the ride and then when the ride started those of us in the parking lot formed a line and were leaving. The folks on the street had it blocked off and were waiting for all the folks in the parking lot to leave until we (2 spyders) got to the parking lot exit -- then they cut us off so we couldn't exit. someone was slow, and on our F3s we can jump fast, so at that pause in the line on the street, we jumped out and joined the line. At the first stop, it was crowded and folks still seemed fairly nice to us and at the second stop they were a little less friendly and finally at the third stop where there was an entire street blocked off for parking, they wouldn't let us turn in to park. We had to park 2 blocks down and walk back to the bar for our cards. They also blocked the door of the bar saying it was closed for an event. We showed our wrist bands and were let in with a look at us like "who let you sign up?". At this point we decided to bail on the rest of the poker run.

When people act like this (or give us the thumbs down as they pass us on the street), it's hard not to generalize. Yes there are a-holes everywhere -- including some spyder folks. We encountered some of those at a gas station the same weekend and just laughed that we guessed it was our weekend for having to deal with a-holes.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White