Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I pod connector

Spyder Garage

Exactly what is the name of the round connector that plugs into the RT trunk?
    2014 Cognac Spyder RT-S SM6, purchased July 8, 2015
    Rivco Flag Holders
    Eduo Innovations SRT Clear/Stainless Cup Holder
    Lamonster Spyder Decals
    Inspector Gadget Driver Floorboards and Heel-Toe Shifter
    Sena SPH10H-FM Headset for Half-Helmet
    Hopnel 1500 Front Trunk Liner
    BRP Trailer Hitch and Control Module
    2014 Escape Trailer (Black and Diamond) from 1 Motorcycle Trailers

2012 Magnesium Spyder RT SM5, sold on July 8, 2015

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fratzba View Post
    I've had nothing but grief from my ipod connector (2015 RTS) as well. They've replaced the dongle cable, but still does not work.

I finally gave up and have it connected via bluetooth to my helmet.

I've tried three various ipods, as well as my iphone 6 with the apple 30pin -> lightening adaptor. The screen just shows aux, and no ipod information.

It's very disappointing, and if I had more energy to deal with their lack of dealing with this, it's probably something that a class action suit might get their (and the press) attention.

-Fratz
    What happens if you use an iPod with the 30 pin connector, not the the Lightning? If that works then your adapter is bad.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatdaddyo View Post
    Thanks for all the information posted here. I've been pulling my hair out (not a lot left) trying to get my iPod Nano 7th Generation (A1446) to work on my RT Limited. My OLD Nano 3rd Gen with a 30 pin connector worked fine but was starting to have internal problems. I went to the Apple Store today and bought the OFFICIAL "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter", tried it and after some of the usual incantations and hand wringing, I got it to work. I'm going to velcro everything (CanAm cable, iPod, Lightning adapter to the rear case wall so nothing vibrates loose. Now I have "tunes" to ride by, all pumped through my Sena Bluetooth adapter to my helmet speakers.

You'd think this should be a no-brainer, but "No!".

-Doug
    Good deal. Glad u got it worked out. You should have no trouble now. I used Velcro also and never remove it.
    2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard, Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sjcpanther View Post
    The round connector that plugs into the RT trunk.

2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sjcpanther View Post
    Ipod integration cable
    2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard, Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

So I've got an NTouch iPod Integration Cable that came with my 2012 RTS A&C. It only says Aux and doesn't always connect. EVERY TIME I hit a bump, it quits working. I was told this was the cable that came with my trike when it was bought new from dealership (1 prev owner who is a friend). I've asked about this before and basically got told "yeah, that doesn't work for anybody...use an iPhone." So I gave up on it. Now I'm annoyed and that makes me bull-headed. So I want to fix this.

So there's this round 7-pin female in the trunk (right side). I'm supposed to plug this pigtail in there that has a short coax loooking cable to a box the size of 1.5 Zippo lighters and then another cable running out the same end (back whence it came) to an iPod 30 pin connector. It says NTouch on it, and has no other visible markings.

I need to know what I can do to reliably run an iPod Nano (gen 6) or have a dependable Bluetooth interface to the speakers on my Spyder that will let me run Amazon Music via my Samsung Galaxy S7. I'm open to either approach, but I am sick and tired of not having anything but radio on my Spyder. Please help!

Spyder Garage

Can you post a photo of the whole connection? My original cable and 40GB IPod Classic work great.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    So I've got an NTouch iPod Integration Cable that came with my 2012 RTS A&C. It only says Aux and doesn't always connect. EVERY TIME I hit a bump, it quits working. I was told this was the cable that came with my trike when it was bought new from dealership (1 prev owner who is a friend). I've asked about this before and basically got told "yeah, that doesn't work for anybody...use an iPhone." So I gave up on it. Now I'm annoyed and that makes me bull-headed. So I want to fix this.

So there's this round 7-pin female in the trunk (right side). I'm supposed to plug this pigtail in there that has a short coax loooking cable to a box the size of 1.5 Zippo lighters and then another cable running out the same end (back whence it came) to an iPod 30 pin connector. It says NTouch on it, and has no other visible markings.

I need to know what I can do to reliably run an iPod Nano (gen 6) or have a dependable Bluetooth interface to the speakers on my Spyder that will let me run Amazon Music via my Samsung Galaxy S7. I'm open to either approach, but I am sick and tired of not having anything but radio on my Spyder. Please help!
    I don't know the details, but sometime in 2012 I believe, the cable you have was replaced by a different cable without the little box. Changes were made in the radio itself also. Maybe your dealer can find out for you which cable you need to use by checking your VIN. It might be that your 6th gen iPod isn't compatible with the early 2012 RT that uses the cable with the box.

Your best bet is to search this forum for iPod and 2012 and see what you can find. The issue of iPod problems has been discussed in the past.

As for the Samsung option get the audio cable that has a 3.5 mm stereo plug on it, and a BT receiver. Lamont sells a good receiver, or you can find one at many other outlets. Plug the receiver into the cable and pair your phone to it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I don't know the details, but sometime in 2012 I believe, the cable you have was replaced by a different cable without the little box. Changes were made in the radio itself also. Maybe your dealer can find out for you which cable you need to use by checking your VIN. It might be that your 6th gen iPod isn't compatible with the early 2012 RT that uses the cable with the box.

Your best bet is to search this forum for iPod and 2012 and see what you can find. The issue of iPod problems has been discussed in the past.

As for the Samsung option get the audio cable that has a 3.5 mm stereo plug on it, and a BT receiver. Lamont sells a good receiver, or you can find one at many other outlets. Plug the receiver into the cable and pair your phone to it.
    That's exactly what I suspected the problem was, because I have read almost everything related on these forums via multiple searches over the past 2 years. I think I probably will go with the bluetooth solution from Lamonster. It sounds like everyone is pretty happy with that, and I actually prefer the Amazon Music w/Prime via my Galaxy S7 to iTunes music. I have a couple of playlists loaded on the phone's memory and it has streaming options. I read that the bluetooth receiver he offers is compatible with that stuff. I have no interest in 2-way voice or even GPS. So the more costly Sena systems and what not don't appeal to me. Thank you for your help/advice!

Spyder Garage

Hah! Problem solved!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Hah! Problem solved!
    What was your solution to the problem???

Never mind I just read your other thread on this issue. Thanks.
    Last edited by seaweed; 02-11-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added info.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016
    SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera
    Show Chrome Back Rest , Show Chrome Hitch
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer (sold)
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames
    BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors, DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs,
    DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags, Method to open Frunk and seat without using key,
    LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Just to answer for others who may be interested, I replaced the discontinued iPod Integration Cable with the current version (pre-2014). Works great.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody has the pin-out (pin to pin) schematic for the cable to the iPod ? Thanks