Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    PMK are you buying at a dealer? Or online? Price paid? No Yammy dealers near me at all. Tom
    I buy at the Yamaha dealer by the box. A box contains 12 small bottles, each bottle contains 3.2oz. One bottle is the size for the correct amount to add for 5 gallons of fuel.

I normally leave 3 or 4 bottles in the bottom of the frunk.

I add the Yamalube Fuel Med RX at each fillup IF I know the bike will not be ridden for a few days. If I am on a trip or ride where I will burn an entire tank of fuel or more, I add the Yamalube Fuel Med RX at the last fill up before I put the machine away. We ride year round, but distractions and weather sometimes prevent us from riding every day or every weekend. No long term storage.

The price shown on the receipt, that just happened to be in the box, had a retail price of 23.40 per box. The stuff is also sold in single bottles, or a larger bottle where you pour out what you need.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    But, but, but .... How many fill-ups/visits to the gas station did all that entail??
    74 stops...
    I'm averaging 174.91216 miles per tankful.

The short stops, on the ride to and from SpyderFest killed this average...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like Bob needs a big van and a military surplus refueling boom to keep his numbers optimum.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I HATE stopping for fuel...

But I DO like the Math!

If one of those big tankers had a second hose, with some suction into a holding tank...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I buy at the Yamaha dealer by the box. A box contains 12 small bottles, each bottle contains 3.2oz. One bottle is the size for the correct amount to add for 5 gallons of fuel.

I normally leave 3 or 4 bottles in the bottom of the frunk.

I add the Yamalube Fuel Med RX at each fillup IF I know the bike will not be ridden for a few days. If I am on a trip or ride where I will burn an entire tank of fuel or more, I add the Yamalube Fuel Med RX at the last fill up before I put the machine away. We ride year round, but distractions and weather sometimes prevent us from riding every day or every weekend. No long term storage.

The price shown on the receipt, that just happened to be in the box, had a retail price of 23.40 per box. The stuff is also sold in single bottles, or a larger bottle where you pour out what you need.

Thanks. Found a dealer an hour away. Will have to ask. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

The Yamaha dealer does not need to be a motorcycle specific dealer, Yamalube is available to the Snowmobile, Outboard and Motorcycle dealers.

Get a price before you blindly order it since prices at the dealer can vary.

Spyder Garage

Although I can get 91 octane pure gas near the house, but for the times I take trips and on a tank that is not E-free, I've ordered a case of this Yamaha Fuel Med online. A case of 48 - 3.2oz bottles cost me $87.00 online at partspak.com. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions concerning this stuff.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default FUEL MILIAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    After breaking my RT out of storage, the fuel mileage has been pretty... poor!
    I had been averaging 35 to 36 mpg, and the trip to Missouri (At Extra-Legal Speeds!), was usually around 34 mpg.
    But now: things seem to be getting back to normal. My most recent tankful was for 203.4 miles, and I took 5.111 gallons. That's back up to 39.8 mpg!
    Could this have been the result of the fuel stabilizer that I dumped in the tank last Fall? I was pretty darn liberal in my application of it. Would it take this long, for it to all get worked out of the tank?
    Thanks!
    WOW BOB, I AM HAPPY TO GET 30MPG WITH MY 2010RTSE5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks for that tip!
    We've got a couple of sources for non-ethanols ; I'll have to start visiting them!
    Bob when crossing the usa last year when ever I got non-ethanol mpg went up. So if you have it available around your house I would say try it for 5 tanks with records of mpg. Also from what I have read better for engine also.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    WOW BOB, I AM HAPPY TO GET 30MPG WITH MY 2010RTSE5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 998s never get the same mileage as the 1330s.
    With my 2010: I averaged 33.5 mpg. I think that was pretty decent for them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbwitt View Post
    Bob when crossing the usa last year when ever I got non-ethanol mpg went up. So if you have it available around your house I would say try it for 5 tanks with records of mpg. Also from what I have read better for engine also.
    That confirms what I learned, when I had my "E-85 Silverados". If I gave them a tankful of ethanol fuel: the mileage would drop by 18%.
    now that I've learned that Stewarts sells straight fuel: I'll be visiting them more often.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Fuel stabilizer (especially in ethanol fuel) keeps it from destroying everything. But the fuel still deteriorates as far as energy value goes. Combine that with a winter fuel which is already degraded in that respect, and you've got a pretty disappointing fuel mix.

Doing what you did is much better than leaving the ethanol fuel untreated. Your Spyder should start and run well enough. But depending on how low you let your fuel get before filling up, it may take several tanks to get everything out of there. You might want to dump some high quality fuel treatment in your tank to help the process along.

If at all possible. Try to use a non-ethanol fuel for storage. Even regular will be much superior to any ethanol blend. You would still want to use a stabilizer. But you'll notice a much happier Spyder come next spring.

1. Check fluids & tire pressures.
    2. Start bike.
    3. Hold on.
    4. Full throttle.
    5. Repeat 3-5.