Spyder Garage

Default Day 14: Lower 48, No Interstate Tallahassee to Sarasota

Day 14 started out in Tallahassee, FL and ended the day in Sarasota, FL

Another hot day temps into the mid-90's. Lots of water breaks! Nice ride through Florida, saw "the other Florida" with lots of pine trees and no beaches. Had fun with our "red noses" in support of www.rednoseday.org

Some of you have asked if we are really doing this trip without a trailer or a luggage rack...yes we are!
    - Trunk holds our CamelBak, Backpack (Two Microsoft surface pro 3 computers, 2 ipads, snacks, etc.), a compression bag with power cords for our electronics
    - Right saddle bag holds two compression bags with 2 t-shirts, 2 pair of socks, 2 pair of underwear for each of us in each bag. Our general plan is to wear a t-shirt for 2 days, giving us 8 days between laundry at the max
    - Left saddle bag holds a compression bag with toiletries and our SLR Canon D70 camera
    -Frunk holds a light-weight backpacking tri-pod, 2 compression bags with rain gear for each of us, a compression bag with our Dowco bike cover, another compression bag with a pair of jeans for each of us, light-weight sweat pants for hanging out in the hotel room and light-weight windbreaker jackets. If we go 8 days between laundry we wear our jeans for 4 days.

14 days into the trip we haven't found anything we need that we don't have. There are a few little things we have with us that we haven't really used and may end up sending a few things back home. Overall, we have used our cargo space wisely and love not having to pull a trailer. We also discovered every 7-8 days we are ready to have a little time to not be on the road and we might as well do our laundry!

Mileage Today: 292 miles Total miles for the trip: 3,729 miles

See our route on the map page.
    More pictures at www.facebook.com/L48NI
    Read more on our blog at www.L48NI.wordpress.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chet and Marj

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

Done most of Florida and there are some great areas. Ringling has their summer home there which was fun but we liked Naples best...keep them coming I'm enjoying the trip...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Love reading about your adventure, my wife and I hope to do something similar when I retire. Be safe and have a blast!

Spyder Garage

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Florida! I'm envious of your trip and enjoying it through your eyes.

Spyder Garage

Great photos. Happy red nose day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red