Thread: 2015 RTL Brakes

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RTL Brakes

I have had my 2015 RTL for about one year, 20,400 Miles total so far, ..................... On my second rear tire, still have the original front tires, all three will need to be replaced in about another 2,500 miles, Just got new brake pads all the way around at Spyderpops, might have been good for a short time longer but not much more. Glad i had them changed when i did. I am probably a light to average user of my brakes while riding.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the gentle reminder, to check the brake pads...
    At 13,000 miles; I just had my rear pads checked... They'll be replaced at the end of the Summer.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Always good to do a pre-emptive strike. The front tires (when properly aligned) always last a good 20 - 23,000 miles in my experience.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's the rear pads, that need a bit more attention.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's the rear pads, that need a bit more attention.
    Although i agree with that, one of my front pads were almost worn out on one side.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Although i agree with that, one of my front pads were almost worn out on one side.

Cruzr Joe
    Joe,

Try leaning to the opposite side when you stop. That should even them out
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default It's Good to have a look..

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    Pulled the fronts off the 2015 RT to clean up and mitigate some squealing noises after 5,000 miles and pads looked good. Quieter too now that they and the floating disk is clean.
    I put a little caliper grease on the backing plates and the pin before I reassembled. Hopefully I didn't jinx it by just adding a place for crud to attach.

Pulled the wifes fronts to look at the pads after 23,000 miles and seem to be wearing good with about 1/2 the pad thickness and still wearing even. I really like the new Brembo design and braking! Our wear is pretty slow with mostly open road riding. Probably time for me to check the rear pads again, tho.
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Joe,

Try leaning to the opposite side when you stop. That should even them out

, why didn't i think of that???

Cruzr Joe