Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    What is this scrubbing? I have 19,000 mies on a 215/60/15 on my RT and no Scrubbing?

Lets just say some of my customers that ride 2 up are heavier than others. The 215/60 has caused problems on several. The Yoko 205/55 works perfectly. Oh and in case you were wondering, the 205 Yokohama actually as more tread width on the road than the General 215. Yoko sport tires run wide and flat with fairly squared off shoulders. Look at the photos Finless posted.

There is no doubt that the General 215/60 runs great for many of you. Just letting the group know that its not always the case. I dare say I have a bit of experience across a wider selection of Spyders than most in this conversation. We recommend and install the Yoko as it just works. Every time with zero complaints.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What attributes are you looking for?
    I want the same size since i don't want to modify the bike to take a different size, mileage & all season handling are
    important to me. i would consider vee rubber if i was sure they are a good quality tire. when buying a tire i always
    say price should be number 2 or 3 but never the number 1 reason for buying it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I want the same size since i don't want to modify the bike to take a different size, mileage & all season handling are
    important to me. i would consider vee rubber if i was sure they are a good quality tire. when buying a tire i always
    That's a good list to be working from.
    That's why I put a Kumho tire on my RT. It checks off all of those boxes nicely!
    (Unless the whole, "Motorcycle Tire Only" thing has you spooked...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    The Yokohama is the same diameter as the stock size and less than 3/16 inch narrower. The size numbers are nominal, you have to compare actual tire dimensions. The Yoko is also a better rated tire and much higher quality of manufacture. There is no negative, no changes to the bike, its calibrations or speed indications. NONE. Its an exact replacement with better specs.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default rear tire

I tried to order a new kumho rear tire and was told I can't sell it to you because Can-Am won't let us sell to Spyder owners. But they can sell it to you if you have a vehicle that the tire will work on or a homemade trailer that uses 15" wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nandyman1 View Post
    I tried to order a new kumho rear tire and was told I can't sell it to you because Can-Am won't let us sell to Spyder owners. But they can sell it to you if you have a vehicle that the tire will work on or a homemade trailer that uses 15" wheels.
    Or, just tell them that it's for a custom VW Dune Buggy; that you're building with your family!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black