Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 where to run wires

I was gifted a Zumo 660 that was originally on a Harley. I bought the wiring mount and was wondering how to run the loom down through the handle bar holes. The loom has all the other connecters that I won't be using. How do I get that big glob of wires down through the bike? All I need is the power and ground.

Spyder Garage

Exactly as you said. I installed the Zumo 665 with XM. Remove the side panel and access cover. Feed the wire(s) through the gap below the handlebars. You can now reach in and pull the wires through. I removed the frunk also and then fed the wires to the battery for direct, always on power.
    You can also choose to feed the wires back to the actual GPS connection point just below the drivers seat behind the panel.

Spyder Garage

I just purchased a 2014 Spyder RT Limited that came with Zumo 660. I traded in my 2005 Gold Wing and took my Zumo 665 and harness off. My husband and I were wondering if the 665 could be wired on the Spyder.

I found your noted on this forum dated May 2016 "Exactly as you said. I installed the Zumo 665 with XM. Remove the side panel and access cover. Feed the wire(s) through the gap below the handlebars. You can now reach in and pull the wires through. I removed the frunk also and then fed the wires to the battery for direct, always on power.
    You can also choose to feed the wires back to the actual GPS connection point just below the drivers seat behind the panel."

Can you give me any other information that we might need to help with installation, such as where did you put the XM antenna? Pictures might help also. We're going to have the dealer install as my husband isn't the best mechanic, plus the dealer is installing CB sometime this week.

Thank you for any help.

Sandie Rosenthal
    Louisburg, NC
    DreamsSen@aol.com
    919 671-1342
    2014 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am using a 665 and run the wires to the right side of the bike just behind the gas tank. I put the XM Puck under the right side under the frunk. To make the job easier I removed the headlight to run the wire thru the handlebar area then to the back of the bike.
    This way it can be plugged into the radio for sound as the 3.5 mm jack is back by the power connector too.

The 660 harness will work but it may or may not get XM or weather or traffic.

Spyder Garage

I have a zumo 550,ran the wires through one off the switch blanks by the heated bar switch.Ran the wires to the battery ,power on all the time .Made a bracket to mount the 550 between the bars.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I run a Garmin Nüvi 56 LM. $5o average in eBay. Connected it to the OEM Gps power under the left rear side panel including audio. Zumo too expensive for my blood. If you hook up the audio to the GPS outlet near the power, it will interrupt your music from any source for directions.

>CLICK ME to see my page about the method to do so<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey