Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sandy, you can get a short bumper-pull toy hauler used for not so much money. I considered that at one time. But I prefer Spyder touring - at least for now.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

We have owned 3 toy haulers for M/Cs. Loved them. Even tried a truck camper with a trailer in back for the M/Cs.
    Toy haulers are great but work best with a larger tow vehicle. We sold our truck so now we went with a small class C
    camper with a trailer to pull the spyder. We have pets and spent a year looking for pet friendly motels. Not our thing.
    We like to camp but at our age want some comfort and we want to take the spyder with us. So do whatever fits your style
    there are lots of options. We just got the spyder and sold all the other bikes so were looking forward to a great summer.
    Hope to see you on the road. Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Campersk

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

If I did not already have a RT-622 trailer I would look at the MyPod. 580# empty but get an electric brake package. My opinion with one up the Spyder would not evan know it's there. I like the looks but would not add too much extra weight. Maybe a couple of bags and the family Cat.

Jack
    Hello,
    Checkout the Leisure lite campers from Canada. They are very quick up or down. Standing dressing room in back.
    Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Options for leisurelite

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I bought a used LeesureLite this spring. http://www.leesurelite.com

My plan is to try it this year and see how it goes as far as saving me money on lodging, etc. I hope to be able to spend less traveling and, thus, travel more. I'm thinking I'll use it for overnight stops en route to an event, then stay at a hotel during the event. I chose the LeesureLIte for the ease of set-up.

It's interesting to read your assessment, Mac. Mine won't be easy to access storage without completely opening it up. My plan is to carry inside it only those things I'll need while camping. Anything I may need at a hotel room I'll strap on top of the trailer or onto the back of my Spyder.
    Hello,
    When I was looking your trailer was the winner for us. You'll love the setup. By the way you can order extra storage. Boxes fir under rear wheel and one up front. I believe there is a storage rack on top for lite chair. Use a waterproof bag used for whitewater rafting and your good to go. One needs to watch the weight.
    Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Idaho Bedroll

This guy is just starting production of the Idaho Bedroll camper. It looks nifty for a single camper. Make sure you watch the video.

http://www.idahobedroll.com/

Spyder Garage

Default Glamping Camping and other thoughts

I have a "been there / done that" attitude to tent camping off the two wheeler. Love the feel of the BMWMOA rallies but my body is too worn out to crawl around in a tent anymore. We went looking for alternatives. Looked at Bunkhouse and other tent trailers but they all are limited on sleeping space and comfort. Our decision was to go the RV / trailer route.

We we purchased a small Class A RV and open trailer for the bikes. Got tired of the road grime and rock chips on the bikes so got an enclosed trailer. We have been happy with the setup. We have put over 50k miles on the RV over the years. The Spyders have thrown a major chink in that process.

Our trailer was sized for the 2 BMW's. Luckily, one spyder will fit in the trailer but we have two Spyders and we don't fit on one for longer than an hour or two (hips and knees). Haven't gone to the cost of getting a larger trailer but I don't see any other way out.

Our decisions were based, first on limited vacation time, and then, on health issues. I know that the cost of an RV and Trailer is not something that everyone can afford but our rig has given us the chance to travel with our pets, sleep in our own bed and travel when and where we want.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blickdave View Post
    Image1464047108.815923.jpg
    I pulled my 2014 Microlite Twist TR7 with my F3S from Colorado to the Grand Canyon and back thru NM and UT with no trouble. Kept my speed around 70mph but got over 80 while passing. Bought mine used but you can find them new for $3,800 from the MFg. in IN.
    Image1464047541.762519.jpg
    The 480 lb. Microlite Twist is 6'9" long inside ,45.5"wide, and 45.5" tall (headroom). Windows open and ceiling vent with reversible fan gives great ventilation or turn on the AC if plugged in. Adding the "front porch tent" lets you stay dry and stand up in privacy to get dressed Etc. Screened in makes evening cocktail hour bug free too!Image1464047553.909474.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default mini camper

We have a Aspen knock-off and love it, she pulls the dog trailer and I pull the camper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default A bit foggy

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I smell a story; you should be telling it to us!
    Just remembered seeing them BUT as I jogged my brain a bit it was actually at the Copa not the Elmo .... Someone said Rush was playing ( November 1986 I think ) turns out its Mahogany Rush and they were great ! They had opened for Nazereth at Maple Leaf Gardens prior to that but we got there too late and never saw them . Those were Honda 900 Super Sport days for me then .... Doesn't make me old though

Spyder Garage

Where did you get the dog trailer!? I'm in the market and looking...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk