Thread: Unknown DTC

Spyder Garage

Default Unknown DTC

Had my 2015 Rt S Se in for it's first service at 2500 mi, early I know, but we have a trip to Maine planned in a few weeks and trying to get everything done with time to spare. Returned with the demo Rt and asked them if they drove mine because it does not shift like this one, and never has. With that I was informed he just returned from a test drive because it has a DTC they have not seen before and it relates to shift quality. It is P0810, it does not set a service light, and came right back after they cleared it. Has anyone had this code before, a case has been opened hopefully it is a simple fix and won't affect our trip. Sorry for the rambling post, my streak continues, if it can happen it will happen to me.
    Last edited by Harmony 44; 05-22-2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Seemed negative

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony 44 View Post
    Well it was bound to happen, the honeymoon is over. Had my 2015 Rt S Se in for it's first service at 2500 mi, early I know, but we have a trip to Maine planned in a few weeks and trying to get everything done with time to spare. Returned with the demo Rt and asked them if they drove mine because it does not shift like this one, and never has. With that I was informed he just returned from a test drive because it has a DTC they have not seen before and it relates to shift quality. It is P0810, it does not set a service light, and came right back after they cleared it. A case has been opened hopefully it is a simple fix and won't affect our trip. Sorry for the rambling post, my streak continues, if it can happen it will happen to me.
    according to my spyder app
    Code P0810- too many error in clutch pressure error table
    check oil level & was correct oil grade used, run cleaning cycle replace oil replace HCU. Should be all under warranty , but the dealer should have been able to inform you better

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    according to my spyder app
    Code P0810- too many error in clutch pressure error table
    check oil level & was correct oil grade used, run cleaning cycle replace oil replace HCU. Should be all under warranty , but the dealer should have been able to inform you better
    Thanks, the mechanic did mention HCU, but they are waiting for BRP to respond.

Spyder Garage

Default Hydraulic housing assembly

My dealer called and said if I can drop it off tomorrow it should be ready by Friday, I believe they are replacing the hydraulic housing assembly ($1900.). It does not sound like a common part failure and this is their first.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't recall seeing this problem pop up...
    Good Luck with the repairs; please let us know how quickly you get the bike back!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Dropping it back off today, hopefully the gasket set made it this time. An observation over the weekend was shifts are smoother when cold and almost like hitting the brakes when warm. One shift we actually bumped helmets.

Spyder Garage

Dropped it back off on Tuesday only to find out the gasket set wound up it Texas, they received the new set on Thursday and I picked it up on Friday. It now shifts exactly like the 2016 demo and no more code. Overall a quick resolution thanks to Progressive Motorsports.