Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I just had the throttle bodies serviced at my dealer and had to wait at least a week for my appointment. The work that I had done was done the same day of the appointment. While I had it there I just told them to replace the plugs and air filter while they had everything apart and also included an oil change at my request. Again they had it apart for the throttle body service, so it was a good time to get at these other items I listed. When all was said done it took about 3 1/2 hours to get it all serviced. I was happy with the work they done. It runs great!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Waiting a week for normal servicing isn't a bad thing...
    But if your bike is broke down... it can seem like FOREVER!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Post Dealer Troubles

I agree with Rob. I would definitely contact the General Manager to set up a date for the spyder to be fixed or released to you to take the spyder to another dealership. I would also sent a letter to BRP to let them know about the problem you are having with the dealership. And ask them for assistance in getting the dealership to fix your spyder.

Just my 2 cents.

Blade

Spyder Garage

If they cant fix it I would find out your lemon Law and call them out on it. Then U get a new one and they ship the old back to the factory. Just like a car. I did it once. Dealer was happy to get rid of the car and work to get me a new one!

Spyder Garage

I don't believe you mentioned if the dealer was close?

Myself, I would just go up there and in a very calm manner ask to speak with the general manager or owner.
    Calling is better than email but sometimes business just requires a face to face discussion.
    Have a detailed discussion and get a game plan from them with ETAs/dates. Understand the GM might not have all the answers right then.
    If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the discussion, then work on having it transferred to another dealer.

Keep in mind there are always a few bad apples out there that could impact a dealer and it sometimes takes time for them to realize or address the internal issue. Few bad dealers out there also but usually not everyone in the building is bad.

Hope things work out.

Spyder Garage

they are about 40 min. from me. I will call again at the end of the day today. in hope that some progress was made. and go from there.