Spyder Garage

Default Know where the GPS input is for the F3T radio?

Anybody know which panel they hid the GPS input under for the F3-T's NAV input? I've marked it in red on the diagram.
    -B

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Found it!

It's under the small panel below the seat on the LH side. The GPS power plug is there, as well.

Attached Images Attached Images
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Connected the output from the Garmin 665 and the XM satellite radio now plays through the speakers, and shuts off when she connects the Garmin to her Sena via Bluetooth. Works great!
    - Carl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    It's under the small panel below the seat on the LH side. The GPS power plug is there, as well.

LH from sitting position or from front facing back?

Spyder Garage

I was wondering the same thing. The shop manual shows something plug-ish under the right-hand (as ridden) panel.

That power connector, just half of it, I assume. I'd have to locate the other half to use it rather than just tap into the leads?

-B

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Belrix View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. The shop manual shows something plug-ish under the right-hand (as ridden) panel.

That power connector, just half of it, I assume. I'd have to locate the other half to use it rather than just tap into the leads?

-B
    Both the GPS audio jack and the GPS power harness/connector are on the LH side of the Spyder, as you're sitting on it. I'm guessing that the BRP Garmin Zumo comes with the correct connector on its harness (attached directly to the GPS mount) to plug directly into that GPS power connector and it would be good to go. I installed the Wiredux engine bay light kit and it came with a harness connector that uses the GPS harness for power. That worked just fine. The GPS harness is hot with the key turned on.

If your GPS harness doesn't have the correct connector, then I think you should be able to just tap into the harness leads just ahead of the connector if you want to use it for powering the GPS. I ran the GPS power leads just a bit further back to the customer accessory circuit under the passenger seat since I didn't have the correct connector (or pins) for the GPS power harness. I believe that the "cap" on the GPS power connector on the Spyder is the female connector, if you could get the correct pins in there. I'd love to know where to get those correct pins to pin out that connector...
    - Carl

Spyder Garage

Default Found it!

I found it and connected it up this weekend. I cut the ring terminals off the Garmin power leads and attached the Tyco connector I got from eBay. After a false start with the leads backwards (black-stripe is positive) I routed the wire up, gathered the extra in a tie-wrapped loop, and it works just fine.

Yuo, connector under the left side, behind the rear panel.

GPS Close.jpg

GPS far sm.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default 660 GPS harness power plug

660 came with a RAM mount & wiring harness 12 volt power wires no plug. Where can I find/purchase male plug that mates with F3-T OEM GPS NAV power wiring harness female power plug on lower left side. I don't want to cut off OEM harness plug and connect GPS power wires direct... not good for electrical connection where water & road splash is a hazard in this area. PRP GPS mount harness comes with OEM plug & play male power plug.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post

2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I found mine on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161982565459

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk