Thread: Swaybar

Spyder Garage

Default Swaybar

Ok, I'm fairly new here and only have 300 miles on my F3. Before purchasing I read many post here saying one of the first mods should be the Swaybar. I love how my F3 handles and corners. I like the suspension too although I upgraded the rear shock. My question: Is there really that much improvement to replace the Swaybar?

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

If you are happy with the way things are you don't need to do a thing but ryde and enjoy your ryde... if as you get better and more confident you feel you need more then look into changing things..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I only have about 400 miles on mine and am heading up to Lamonster in 2 weeks to have one swapped. Everyone says it will really transform the handling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by leeinmemphis View Post
    I only have about 400 miles on mine and am heading up to Lamonster in 2 weeks to have one swapped. Everyone says it will really transform the handling.
    The sway makes an immediate difference. Turn-in response is much quicker and the unit more stable overall. (Price though
    is a bit nuts considering the amount of steel in the piece vs an automotive sway, which is no different. Supply and demand)
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Godlover View Post
    Ok, I'm fairly new here and only have 300 miles on my F3. Before purchasing I read many post here saying one of the first mods should be the Swaybar. I love how my F3 handles and corners. I like the suspension too although I upgraded the rear shock. My question: Is there really that much improvement to replace the Swaybar?
    It's like a nite n day difference!!! Always do yourself a favor n listen to guys that either own an F3 or have at the very least some extensive riding knowledge of it.. I find it hilarious that some comments come from people that don't even own one.. They must sit around just waiting to post all over this site just to get their post count into the high digits... The swaybar is well worth the money,, I have one and if it wasn't good believe me,,,, I would say so.. Congratulations on the new ride😎

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default To sway or not to ssway

Quote Originally Posted by leeinmemphis View Post
    I put the Ronjon on my 2014 RT . I feel that my new F3 Limited corners better than the RT with its stock bar. Never really noticed any improvement on the RT. See no point in changing it for $200+.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Godlover View Post

YES

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

At some point I'll do the sway bar upgrade. I have other more important improvements I would like to make first!! Thanks for your input!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tharris30 View Post
    I put the Ronjon on my 2014 RT . I feel that my new F3 Limited corners better than the RT with its stock bar. Never really noticed any improvement on the RT. See no point in changing it for $200+.
    The F3 is so much better than our RS, even with two different heavier swaybars installed (but not at the same time, of course!)

I can push our F3 with the standard swaybar to the limits of stability control at any time - what I can't do, though, is lift an inside front wheel on aggressive cornering, like I can do on our RS at any time I want to. In other words, it handles so well that I cannot see any reason to change what works well.

I wonder, though, how people assess performance in this area - someone in another thread even claimed a night and day difference to handling (cornering) when he installed another REAR shock. I cannot see how that can be, and certainly did not experience any change in handling. What we did get with an Elka rear, even in its factory, too-firm compression damping state, was an immediately noticeable softer ride, because it wasn't hitting the bump stop all the time.