Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngwmb View Post
    You are correct Ron and I will make the Spyder work because my wife really likes it. I guess that I just feel more comfortable on 2 wheels because I instinctively know how to react. Let me end this by apologizing for stirring things up on a Spyder forum with my 2 wheeled ideas. This all started with my disbelief with the lack of BRP quality control. BRP had better hope that BMW never enters the 3 wheeled world.
    Not a problem, (with me at least). I went through a similar transition myself when I first got the Spyder. It definitely felt all wrong to me. It took about 600 miles for me to start to realize the problem was mostly me. Then I started looking into the suspension aspects that I wanted to improve. Now that I've got it where I want it, my Spyder is every bit as much fun as my 2 wheeled ride. And I am quite happy on either one.

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll find this to be true for you as well.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am 65, formerly raced both dirt and road, and a 20 yer BMW rider. Since I got the Pwr Steering fixed the RT is much better, but still not great. Logic says 3 wheels are safer than two, but the SOFT suspension is a concern. I am ordering the sway bar and bump skid, maybe the shock spacers. Shouldn't have to do this on such an expensive machine. I also witched to the 3 wheel platform because of wife's medical problems. She likes the bike so that is what matters. We can still ride together. However, I still have my trusty GS (150 K on it) and it is still fun to ride. I hope the sway bar helps. Not sold on the can am yet!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Quality Control

I wish that I still had my trusty GS also. I ordered the sway bar and Elka stage 2 shocks to improve on the soft suspension and it greatly improved things in the curves but still not even close to the GS... I agree that we "Shouldn't have to do this on such an expensive machine".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Shocks, alignment, and anti-sway bar

Ok, I'm new to the forum and Spyders. Just got a 2016 Spyder RT Limited. It is really squirrelly in curves, with a pronounced tendency to over steer with uneven surfaces, or even a downshift in the turn. After reading this thread, it appears that I need BajaRon shocks and a new anti sway bar. Where does one acquire either of these items? And, what is laser alignment and where is it done? Thanks! Tom C.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom clark View Post
    Ok, I'm new to the forum and Spyders. Just got a 2016 Spyder RT Limited. It is really squirrelly in curves, with a pronounced tendency to over steer with uneven surfaces, or even a downshift in the turn. After reading this thread, it appears that I need BajaRon shocks and a new anti sway bar. Where does one acquire either of these items? And, what is laser alignment and where is it done? Thanks! Tom C.
    You can get the BajaRon items directly from him (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets).

You can find a list of dealers and independents who do the ROLO Laser Alignment at spydercomfort.com/dealers

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Steering Pull

Quote Originally Posted by sfcarn View Post
    I am new to the Can Am Spyder. I bought a new 2014 carry over RT Limited last March. It also has the problem with it veering to the right at low in town speeds and highway speeds. The dealer never heard of this they did mention they would take a look at it. I talked with another dealer they claim its the crown on the road. I found a dealer in my area that does the laser alignment and am thinking about having this done. I am not totally sure if this will cure the problem. I really like riding the Spyder. My wife and I like to ride long distances. It will get tiring real fast with it pulling to the right. Are there other issues that should be looked at besides alignment? I noticed the right front wheel has 14 weights stuck to the inside of the rim, don't know if this would have any effect or not. Any information would be greatly be appreciated

Like this writer I am new to riding Spyders. Mine also pulled right. In addition the trailing edge of the front fenders has an obvious vibration between 50 mph and 60 mph. It appears I have been blessed with a great dealer, Central Florida power sports. They put me on a loaner and kept my 2015 RTS to troubleshoot it. The main thing they found is tires, not the wheels, causing the shaking. They also found the dynamic steering causing the pull to the right. Using a loaner has also been a real great experience. Now I know how my bike should handle. I have read much about lazed alignment. While I have never aligned a Spyder, as a long time manufacturers Service Rep on high speed rotating equipment I have done hundreds of very precise alignments. I have used everything from simple fixtures and alignment bars with dials and digital indicators to lasers. I am a big fan of lasers, but it must be remembered, a laser is simply the tool used. The result still lies in the skill and care of the technician. A skilled technician using very basic tool can get very accurate results. On the other hand an unskilled or careless technician can use a laser and mess up a piece of equipment very badly.

Spyder Garage

Default Laser Alignment

As I start let me qualify this. I am a laser alignment fan, but as I said in a previous reply, the laser is only the tool used, the outcome is the result of the technicians skill and care. One other point regarding a laser alignment is how long is it good for. Since alignment is simply referring to a relationship between frame, rear wheel and front wheels, it is only valid as long as the relationship remains constant. Move the rear wheel to tighten the belt. Bump a curb with a front wheel or do anything to change these relationships and the last alignment is no longer valid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingman View Post
    As I start let me qualify this. I am a laser alignment fan, but as I said in a previous reply, the laser is only the tool used, the outcome is the result of the technicians skill and care. One other point regarding a laser alignment is how long is it good for. Since alignment is simply referring to a relationship between frame, rear wheel and front wheels, it is only valid as long as the relationship remains constant. Move the rear wheel to tighten the belt. Bump a curb with a front wheel or do anything to change these relationships and the last alignment is no longer valid.

All very true but in practice, the Spyders hold alignment pretty well until front end work or suspension parts replacement comes to play.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame