Thread: Paint Codes

Spyder Garage

Default Paint Codes

I have a 2016 Spyder F3 Ltd SS and can not find the paint codes. I did find 2015 codes on Lamont's site, but I need the triple black codes. I want to repaint a 622 trailer to match my Spyder.

Thanks in advance.

TomG

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PAINT MATCHING

Just a thought, before you go to a hugh expense with OEM - BRP paint. If you are having a shop do this, ask them about it. IMHO since the trailer is not ever going to be even touching your Spyder an EXACT color match really isn't going to matter. And no-body looking at it is EVER going to tell the difference either...........However if you don't mind paying possibly twice the price for an EXACT color match at least you will know how much $$$$ better it is, and can bring this up in conversation .......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-18-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Color Match

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just a thought, before you go to a hugh expense with OEM - BRP paint. If you are having a shop do this, ask them about it. IMHO since the trailer is not ever going to be even touching your Spyder an EXACT color match really isn't going to matter. And no-body looking at it is EVER going to tell the difference either...........However if you don't mind paying possibly twice the price for an EXACT color match at least you will know how much $$$$ better it is, and can bring this up in conversation .......Mike
    Duh! I suspect your right. An experienced paint shop will probably come pretty close to matching just eye balling it.

Thanks for the input.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EYE - BALLING IT

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Duh! I suspect your right. An experienced paint shop will probably come pretty close to matching just eye balling it.

Thanks for the input.
    No they won't do it that way......They should have a SPECTROSCOPIC (?) device that can actually read the pigments in the Paint on your Spyder......and come up with a MIX that will be so close it you won't be able to tell the difference........Except the COST........BRP - OEM paint is UBER expensive......I doubt the shop will use it un-less you demand it ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Just for fun I went to the ColorRite website and the SS is not listed for either the F3 or the RT. I think your only option righ now is to get it scanned at a good body shop or buy from BRP.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze