Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Customer Service Corbin

I purchased and paid for a new set of Saddlebags for my F3 from Corbin on October 4, 2015. I have not yet received them and they will not give me an expected shipment day. They did come in once but were painted the wrong color so no use to me. I think 8 1/2 months, and still waiting is excessive. And to make matters worse they have no customer service. They only have excuses on why it is taking so long. They refuse to give me an estimated arrival time. If you expect customer service, I would suggest you look elsewhere. And if you think this is one person's bad luck, I just went to the BBB to discover they have a grade of F. This is for so many complaints and for failing to respond to requests from the BBB to resolve complaints. Learn a lesson from me, if customer servicer and timely delivery of product are important to you, this is not a company you want to deal with.

Spyder Garage

Call your CC company and file a fraud report. Call your Attorney General and file a fraud charge, call the Attorney General in their state and file a fraud charge.

Je$u$ are you patience. 2 weeks and I'm reversing things.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Corbin

It took me two seats to learn not to ever order from them
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cancel Order. There are other saddlebag options now.

Spyder Garage

I had great dealings w them a year ago and got a great quality seat, sorry to hear they are having issues.

Spyder Garage

Either BBB HAS to be in their state or attorney General

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have called my credit card company and filed a fraud complaint, contacted the Florida Attorney General with complaint and filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Thanks for your advice. I have been too patient with this, so am stepping up. Forums are a great way to exchange ideas. What got me angry is when I talked with them yesterday they promised to call me today with an expected completion time. Of course they did not. When I called back today they acted like they knew nothing of my concern. So now they will!!!

Spyder Garage

It only took me 5 months for them to get mine so so. Dealing with Corbin takes a lot of patience. I also heard every excuse in the book.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Corbin is in your home state. I did not have that advantage.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Count yourself lucky.

Ask for a refund, dispute the charge if necessary, and know you won't have to worry about bags that don't fit, customer service that doesn't exist, and a series of headaches to come (that's what my friend is going through, as are many others here).

If you don't, I'd bet good money that this will only be the beginning of your Corbin Woes.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Corbin sucks! Plain and simple. What really irks me is they are a vendor on this site. With all the customer service problems ongoing. I would hope that Lamont would read them the riot act. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

2015 F3-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have no dog in this fight; but I will say that the F-3 saddlebags seem to have been a major stain on their reputation...
    I hope that they can sort the problems out: for everyone on BOTH sides of this mess!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I was seriously considering purchasing a Corbin seat for my F-3 but as I follow this thread I will hold off. I need to sit back off the tank more and the stock seat isn't doing it. I've had Corbin seats on several other bikes and really liked them. I was hoping Ultimate would come out with a seat for the F-3.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Godlover View Post
    I was seriously considering purchasing a Corbin seat for my F-3 but as I follow this thread I will hold off. I need to sit back off the tank more and the stock seat isn't doing it. I've had Corbin seats on several other bikes and really liked them. I was hoping Ultimate would come out with a seat for the F-3.
    I was in exactly that position about a year ago. Ultimate still has no plans for an F3 seat. I went with a Russel Day Long saddle and could not be more pleased. While I did like the Ultimate I had on my RT, the Russel is a much higher quality product. Workmanship is impeccable and I really can ride all day in it. It also moved me back off the tank enough I had to go from position 5 to position 4 on the floorboards. Highly recommend you take a look at RDL.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I was in exactly that position about a year ago. Ultimate still has no plans for an F3 seat. I went with a Russel Day Long saddle and could not be more pleased. While I did like the Ultimate I had on my RT, the Russel is a much higher quality product. Workmanship is impeccable and I really can ride all day in it. It also moved me back off the tank enough I had to go from position 5 to position 4 on the floorboards. Highly recommend you take a look at RDL.
    Did you get to keep your Can-Am riders backrest? I've invested over $400 and mine and hate giving it up!!

Spyder Garage

Default So sad

It is so sad to see so many complaints about Corbin these past few years; not only here but from other sources. I remember when you could ride your bike to Mike Corbin's place in Watsonville (I think that was his first location - I lived in Cupertino at the time) and get a great seat completed while you waited. Often you would see Mike himself. I've had many Corbin saddles through the decades, and I've seen him through his ups and downs, but no more for me as I don't want to have to deal with crap like you're having. I've also learned to check BBB before I get anything major from anyone anymore. Sad.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Godlover View Post
    Did you get to keep your Can-Am riders backrest? I've invested over $400 and mine and hate giving it up!!

Yes:

Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

If you live in Palm Coast, then why call? You're only about 15 minutes from their store if that. I'd camp out, demand to speak to Mike Corbin, do hand stands or anything it takes to get some grease in the squeaky wheel.

Chris

Spyder Garage

This is unfortunate but in my opinion is far too common with small businesses, especially those with custom products.
    There are some that shine and always will but others just don't have the internal or ethical practices to maintain customer service.

I actually stopped working for a friend when I was in college because he would forget to order something and tell customers it was on back order or would be there in a few days so call back then. I just couldn't lie to people.
    I was able to help him implement an ordering schedule so he actually ordered parts twice a week and that helped a lot.

As someone else said, I am surprised you did not drive over to the Daytona location to speak to someone in person.
    Although it can be difficult, vendors are usually more willing to make things right if the customer is calm.

Hope your refund comes soon and this becomes a thing of the past.

Spyder Garage

I also decided not to order bags from Corbin for my 2014 Valkyrie. I saw too many complaints. There are so many more options out there I don't know why anyone would deal with them.

Spyder Garage

I ordered my stuff before I found out all the complaints. I thought Oh NO, what did I get myself into! I just decided I would make it work. I got the Fleetiner bags. The directions were poor but Im a handyman and just took my time and made them work. The Seat and Smuggler took a lot longer to get to me. When I got them The Smuggler was painted with the wrong paint and the seat was damaged. I called them and they picked them up the next day FedEx. I got them back over a month later and they were painted and the seat was redone right. I did have to do some mods to make the seat sit further back but Im happy with what I have now. I believe their product design is second to none. They get probably more than they can do and the management team has some flaws. The execution of their product line needs improvement. Dont expect perfection when you order Corbin, but dont let them run over you either.

By the way, My Handyman business has an A+ BBB rating. I cant imagine getting an F
    Last edited by AY4B; 05-18-2016 at 07:46 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Lip Service Not Customer Service

I read some of the nightmares about Corbin but I like to formulate my own opinion and I'm in the midst of a Corbin nightmare myself. It's sometimes good to have the AG on Speed Dial. Corbin should be more respectful to their customers, they don't know their customers pedigrees.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruise01 View Post
    I read some of the nightmares about Corbin but I like to formulate my own opinion and I'm in the midst of a Corbin nightmare myself. It's sometimes good to have the AG on Speed Dial. Corbin should be more respectful to their customers, they don't know their customers pedigrees.
    I'm trying here, but I'm not understanding this post. It sounds as though you did business with Corbin, are having a very difficult time, but want to form your own opinion based on your experience? Also, who is AG? And, what is that you are able to do that most of us are not able to do?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AG: Attorney General
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black