Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default CYCLE GEAR NOT GOOD

I ordered 2 pr. of base layer riding shorts, called "HEAT OFF" from Amazon. They were shipped to me from Cycle Gear, and they arrived on time, but upon examination, I found they didn't have a fly!! NO FLY?!! Not good!! I called Cycle Gear to get instructions on how o return them for credit, and requested the return of the postage charges of $6.99, to get them to me, as well as return postage charges. Long story short ..... they refused the postage charges, saying that they would "refund the purchase price. Not postage charges." So, my issue is: How can they expect a man to wear them under his riding clothes, if he can't pee without pulling down his pants?? They explained that they were "Omni-sex", but their product description didn't say that, any where. I lodged a complaint with Amazon, explaining the situation, and they said they would fix the situation. So, my advice to our SL members is: BEWARE CYCLE GEAR.
    :=(
    Last edited by CapNCrunch; 05-16-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have some Under Armor and they are the same way. I think that is the way all or most of these shorts are made these days.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you're gettin your undies in a bundle about, well, gettin your undies in a bundle. Hmm, I guess we all pee differently, apparently. It's not like you drop your pants to the floor...or do you? Nevermind, don't answer that
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Well..

I will say that the Adidas Clima Cool briefs I wear, have no fly. The same goes for the insulated ones I wear on really cold day for ice fishing.
    But I hear ya as far as the return nonsense goes.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

The one near me closed but I miss the store... Never ordered online from them but loved shopping in store! Sorry to hear of you troubles...
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Considering the latest mandates from DC about bathrooms what do you expect?

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

you should have gone to amazon direct. You did not order them from cycle gear to start with. i have the shorts and shirts, full and half head covering and they do a good job...glad you got it sorted out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    I ordered 2 pr. of base layer riding shorts, called "HEAT OFF" from Amazon. They were shipped to me from Cycle Gear, and they arrived on time, but upon examination, I found they didn't have a fly!! NO FLY?!! Not good!! I called Cycle Gear to get instructions on how o return them for credit, and requested the return of the postage charges of $6.99, to get them to me, as well as return postage charges. Long story short ..... they refused the postage charges, saying that they would "refund the purchase price. Not postage charges." So, my issue is: How can they expect a man to wear them under his riding clothes, if he can't pee without pulling down his pants?? They explained that they were "Omni-sex", but their product description didn't say that, any where. I lodged a complaint with Amazon, explaining the situation, and they said they would fix the situation. So, my advice to our SL members is: BEWARE CYCLE GEAR.

Bathroom technique when you have no Fly:
    Simply go to a stall ( bathroom of your choice Men--Women or

Undecided. Pull pants and Heat Off shorts down together, sit on seat and pee your little heart out!

Now that's not too hard is it?
    Life is full of difficulties, one must learn to accept and adjust!

BTW most online stores do not pay return postage.

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 05-16-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

i had the same problem, then i realized i was wearing my underwear backwards
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you look closely at the pictures in the catalog or online it is pretty obvious that there is no fly. I agree with Chupaca you should go through Anazon since that is where you bought them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i had the same problem, then i realized i was wearing my underwear backwards
    You too
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really don't mean to sound unsympathetic; but a bit more research on your part just might have prevented this from happening.
    If you consider the shipping cost, as the "Price Of A Lesson Well-Learned"; it might not hurt so much.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This company has what you are needing. I have used this in the past, found them good, and will continue to use them. http://ldcomfort.com/mens-dryline-shorts.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear Heat Out from Cycle Gear. I've never seen that lack of a fly as a problem!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I wear the Heat Out stuff as well and have never had an issue with it. And their return policy is pretty much the same as every other online retailer.
    Wife has a 2014 ST-L
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

If you wear a pair of Depends under the Heat Outs your problem is solved....nothing to pull down!

Spyder Garage

Good thing you were never in the NAVY!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    If you wear a pair of Depends under the Heat Outs your problem is solved....nothing to pull down!
    Oh great....... Now I've got to poke my mind's eye out: AGAIN!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

LD Comfort has shorts with a fly.http://ldcomfort.com/mens-dryline-shorts.html
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 05-17-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Not sure I understand the issue.
    There is nothing wrong with the product and you are complaining about the return policy that is available to read online?

I have this same product and plan to buy a few more actually.

If a fly was added, that would add seams which could create discomfort. I specifically wear these because there are no seams. Also, adding a fly would increase costs.

I purchase almost all my riding gear at CG because they have a solid return policy and always work with me if there is an issue. Fortunately I have a few local stores (3 actually) if needed but I've also ordered online. Although not always the most knowledgeable, everyone I've spoken to is super nice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robertl View Post
    Not sure I understand the issue.
    There is nothing wrong with the product and you are complaining about the return policy that is available to read online?
    But you have to read it, and so many people don't.

Also if you buy through Amazon you need to always go through Amazon for the return.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pretty Clear

All you have to do is look at the picture to know that there is no fly. I wear them and I haven't wet my self yet. Sometimes the horse has to jump the fence instead of going through the gate. Oh and had you gone through Amazon, they would have credited you in a heart beat.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    All you have to do is look at the picture to know that there is no fly. I wear them and I haven't wet my self yet. Sometimes the horse has to jump the fence instead of going through the gate. Oh and had you gone through Amazon, they would have credited you in a heart beat.
    Nice analogy
    or sometimes the dog just digs under the fence
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Never thought I would be witnessed to a "Transgender" issue on this site.
    Oh well, life can be difficult for some.
    Bikers beware.