Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trailer ??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    Before and after pictures of the trailer that I build. I now have a RT 662 trailer and like it a lot better.

ToM
    Keep it simple
    Life is good
    Which one was before?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Infinity and Beyond

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Looks to me like you have lots of money Larry. Question: What's the difference between "cheap' and

"frugal"? Never could understand the difference between the two. Maybe you could educate me or

enlighten me. Thanks

Jack
    I was simply referring to the fact that its the experience that is the most important! I have always lived by "buy the very best - you can afford". For some people that is the HF. With some careful inexpensive upgrades, it can perform fine. The cost of the original 622 pushed it well above and beyond what some folks were willing to pay for a trailer that they were not intending to use a lot! That said, it I planned on towing it around the country all the time, I would recommend saving the $$ and getting a 622 when the budget allows. I personally tow an Aspen sentry camping trailer with a queen bed and it still cost much less than a 622. I havnt really looked at the New Freedom version. Sorry if my comment caused some to get excited. I'm off the podium now!!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Which one was before?
    My trailer now

ToM
    Keep it simple
    Life is good
    Life is Great
    ToM

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Lots of people have made trailers to pull behind. You just have to ask yourself do you want to look like the Beverly Hillbillies or Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?
    Ann, that's not nice.. I have a Harbor Freight trailer and the were no hillbillies involved. jtpollock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    Ann, that's not nice.. I have a Harbor Freight trailer and the were no hillbillies involved. jtpollock
    FYI... she was joking.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Larry, Larry what has happened to your sense of fashion. I am in the sand box with Ann on this one.

After all, if you own a Spyder and belong to Spyder Lovers you have a certain respectability to uphold.

You get what you pay for. Many things to consider here. Bearings (china) no independent swing arm

suspension. etc

Jack
    Jack... Not everyone that has a Spyder has deep pockets like you some of us just want to be able to travel and have a good time.
    Not to spend all of our $$$ on a Spyder and Trailer that sits in the Garage and is never ridden.... jtpollock

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    FYI... she was joking.
    Bob, thanks I got that before I posted but I hade to say something we all have to play nice. jtpollock

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just Sayin'
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    Bob, thanks I got that before I posted but I hade to say something we all have to play nice. jtpollock
    Really?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ann,
    And here I was: thinking that I was the only one in here, that was misunderstood...
    I would hate to be in your shoes...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ann,
    And here I was: thinking that I was the only one in here, that was misunderstood...
    I would hate to be in your shoes...
    See the thing is Bob, I don't care what other people think of me or what I ride or what I pull behind my ride. Yes, I could have said that the difference between the HF trailer and the RT-622 is night and day but come on, Beverly Hillbillies and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous was clearly more fun.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

FYI... she was joking.
    She was? I had no idea!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

See the thing is Bob, I don't care what other people think of me or what I ride or what I pull behind my ride. Yes, I could have said that the difference between the HF trailer and the RT-622 is night and day but come on, Beverly Hillbillies and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous was clearly more fun.
    I'm on your side...

Spyder Garage

I was trying to be funny, don't get your panties in a twist please! I got my trailer as a leftover in 10 so I didn't pay full price either. I've put over 90,000 miles on it and I'm pretty sure I could sell it for a good price today.
    I'll say it one more time, I was kidding!!! How could I be considered snobbish my trailer is black and my Spyder is white, one has black wheels and the other has chrome.
    Ebony & Ivory. Nothing wrong with that. That is exactly what I have as well.

Spyder Garage

Ann reminds me of My Man Donald, not always politically correct, but says what she is thinking at the moment. I am also guilty of the phrase,"just because it pops into your head, don't mean it should come out of your mouth".

And if you think Ann is uppity, then you never seen her at a event, out in the hot sun trying to align someone's Spyder.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Wink

Michael,
    As a Harbor Freight Tag-Along trailer owner/user I must say that after reading the posts so far I am led to believe that myself and a few others may have made an unpardonable sin in the Spyderlovers universe and if you choose a Harbor Freight trailer you may just be joining us sinners.

I base this on the crude comments made by some here on this thread. Comments like "the difference between the HF trailer and the RT-622 is night and day", without any explanation or proof to back it up makes me realize that in this Spyderlovers universe if you aren't 100% BRP then to some people you are just poor trash and don't belong on a Spyder.

Of course if the post is followed by some cute
    emoticon then it means they are just kidding. Even if they make the same degrading type comments more than once.

Shame on you all. Michael asked if anyone has pulled the "heavy duty Harbor Freight trailer behind a Spyder" and he and he gets 64 posts (so far) of which some 16 are directly derogatory to the Harbor Freight trailers, 12 look to be actually answering his question, the rest are about BRP or other non Harbor Freight trailers or just superfluous comments.

I love the Spyderlovers resource for technical reasons but this place has just become one big kindergarten playpen.

It must be OK for me to say to you folks who made the 16 derogatory comments that you are fat and ugly as long as I end it with this . And your feet stink too.

Of course, many of the posters just have to say something (anything) to keep their posting number count up on the fourm, whether or not they have anything constructive to the thread.
    Last edited by WA5VHU; 05-17-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    Michael,
    As a Harbor Freight Tag-Along trailer owner/user I must say that after reading the posts so far I am led to believe that myself and a few others may have made an unpardonable sin in the Spyderlovers universe and if you choose a Harbor Freight trailer you may just be joining us sinners.

I base this on the crude comments made by some here on this thread. Comments like "the difference between the HF trailer and the RT-622 is night and day", without any explanation or proof to back it up makes me realize that in this Spyderlovers universe if you aren't 100% BRP then to some people you are just poor trash and don't belong on a Spyder.

emoticon then it means they are just kidding. Even if they make the same degrading type comments more than once.

Shame on you all. Michael asked if anyone has pulled the "heavy duty Harbor Freight trailer behind a Spyder" and he and he gets 64 posts (so far) of which some 16 are directly derogatory to the Harbor Freight trailers, 12 look to be actually answering his question, the rest are about BRP or other non Harbor Freight trailers or just superfluous comments.

I love the Spyderlovers resource for technical reasons but this place has just become one big kindergarten playpen.

It must be OK for me to say to you folks who made the 16 derogatory comments that you 16 are fat and ugly as long as I end it with this . And your feet stink too.

Of course, many of the posters just have to say something (anything) to keep their posting number count up on the fourm, whether or not they have anything constructive to the thread.

What makes you think that Bob's feet stink???

Anonymous
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They probably do...

Spyder Garage

"Of course if the post is followed by some cute emoticon then it means they are just kidding. Even if they make the same degrading type comments more than once. "

Stole opening line from another post. This is the only thing that stuck with me about the whole thing. Why say something inflammatory then act innocent when it has the desired affect? Also, you'll notice that the "clique" jumps in to defend the deed when it is just unnecessary and totally not cool. Being an "a**" and following it up with an emoticon does nothing to take away from the act.

To the OP - sorry about all the BS that has followed. Times are changing around here and unfortunately this happens from time to time. Great question that deserves intelligent and helpful responses.
    Last edited by hdlongrod; 05-17-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"To the OP - sorry about all the BS that has followed. Times are changing around here and unfortunately this happens from time to time. Great question that deserves intelligent and helpful responses."
    I thought that there actually were some insightful answers given...
    Everybody might just need a Snickers Bar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    Michael,

It must be OK for me to say to you folks who made the 16 derogatory comments that you are fat and ugly as long as I end it with this . And your feet stink too.

I think you need to go back and reread the OP. He mentioned the RT-622 specifically and the difference in cost between the two. He also asked for our thoughts.

Does your Harbor Freight trailer have 12" wheels and an independent suspension along with 622 litres of storage? Does it come in colors to match your Spyder? Does it come with a carpeted interior - oh wait it doesn't come with any interior.

You may be the one who is stuck in kindergarten. Crude comments, really? I believe you are the one making the crude comments about people who post things that you disagree with are fat and ugly. Do you think that you can only have the same opinion as the original poster or you should not post at all?
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I think you need to go back and reread the OP. He mentioned the RT-622 specifically and the difference in cost between the two. He also asked for our thoughts.

Does your Harbor Freight trailer have 12" wheels and an independent suspension along with 622 litres of storage? Does it come in colors to match your Spyder? Does it come with a carpeted interior - oh wait it doesn't come with any interior.

You may be the one who is stuck in kindergarten. Crude comments, really? I believe you are the one making the crude comments about people who post things that you disagree with are fat and ugly. Do you think that you can only have the same opinion as the original poster or you should not post at all?

Get him Ann, Don't take no S**t, be tough, stand your ground. (I love this banter).

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Say all you want to about all those fancy dancy trailers you want to, but can you haul a 10 ft piece of iron home on it? I can!

Or plywood? I can!

I haven't hauled a washing machine home from Lowes with it yet, but I can!

I even use it for camping!

It may not be sleek, elegant, nor aerodynamic, but it is damn useful!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)