Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default rattle in mirror area

I have a 2015 RT SM6 with 2000 miles. An annoying rattle has developed. It happens when the right wheel is jarred while riding. It has the sound of plastic not metal. The sound seems to originate from the right mirror or speaker area. I removed the mirror and shook it. Nothing rattling inside. Has anyone encountered this phenomenon? Maybe I need to remove my guardian bell and give it a good wax job. Thanx in advance.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO POST THIS ???????????????....3 & counting .......Mike
    Consider this: Maybe someone who has experienced this issue does not visit every forum, every day.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While your reasoning seems to hold water: you still have to check all of the threads (Just like a 20 mile long trap-line in the wilderness...), to see where a correct answer might have been snagged...

Keeping things just a little bit simpler, can usually work out okay...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bdomini View Post
    I have a 2015 RT SM6 with 2000 miles. An annoying rattle has developed. It happens when the right wheel is jarred while riding. It has the sound of plastic not metal. The sound seems to originate from the right mirror or speaker area. I removed the mirror and shook it. Nothing rattling inside. Has anyone encountered this phenomenon? Maybe I need to remove my guardian bell and give it a good wax job. Thanx in advance.

Have you taken the mirror off and put it back on? These are very easy to take off but you may feel as if your going to break.
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default rattle

Try spraying some lube on the windshield bushings. Drove myself crazy trying to figure it out. I took the mirrors off, went for a ride and the noise was still there.

Someone in this forum suggested to me what I suggest to you. Problem solved.

Good luck..

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LUBRICATING THE WIDSHIELD BUSHINGS

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    Try spraying some lube on the windshield bushings. Drove myself crazy trying to figure it out. I took the mirrors off, went for a ride and the noise was still there.

Someone in this forum suggested to me what I suggest to you. Problem solved.

Good luck..
    .....I would WARN extreme caution if you try this.....any of that spray on the windshield will DAMAGE IT ....IMMEDIATELY ....and probably permanently.......just saying ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Rattling Mirrors

Has anyone noticed a rattling noise with their mirrors?

Just trying to keep a little humor going on the site. Tightened the spring clips, helped but not to my liking. I'm fixing to apply some industrial strength velcro to the inside of my mirrors. I'll let you know how it works out.
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

VERY nice description and explanation!
    Do you make housecalls?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Bob. You are one of THE most helpful people on this forum!!

-Rick
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bdomini View Post
    I had a Very annoying Squeak start a few days ago. I wiggled and thump the plastic till I got a squeak from the right mirror. Put a tiny drop of syn. lube on the clips and posts and Silence!!

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black