Spyder Garage

Default Corbin or Ultimate Seat for RT-S

Looking for some opinions for the best seat to replace the OEM seat on my 2015 RT-S. I had the comfort seat for my 2011 and it was "ok" but I want to replace the stock with something but not sure what way to go. Any suggestions ??

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought my ultimate seat and aside from a small hiccup today I love it and it is probably the best investment I've made for my spyder rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cobraswinger View Post
    Looking for some opinions for the best seat to replace the OEM seat on my 2015 RT-S. I had the comfort seat for my 2011 and it was "ok" but I want to replace the stock with something but not sure what way to go. Any suggestions ??
    I just installed the Ultimate Tallboy Seat and have 0 miles on it, but from what I saw and how it feels it appears to be a superior seat to the OEM. I'm giving it a good try on Sunday...at least 100+ miles.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds killer enjoy it

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default If you are going for comfort

give an Airhawk a try. Sure works for me.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Have to give another for the Ultimate Seat.
    Never had one bit of regret with this purchase.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Wife had both on her 2010 RT, the Corbin was a problem from day one and was sent back three times to correct the issues to no avail. She put the Ultimate seat on and was pleased from day one. I have had an Ultimate seat on a Goldwing and three Harleys and is the only aftermarket seat for me.

Spyder Garage

Default Seat

I'm a big fan of Russell seats. They are not cheap but the quality is worth the bucks.

Spyder Garage

Before you buy see if you can find someone that has the seat you are interested in and see if they will let you sit on it for a while.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm a big fan of ultimate seat! They are the most comfortable seat , compare to the other brand.
    You can't go wrong with Ultimate. Great product and people.

Spyder Garage

Don't have an experience with any other aftermarket seat other than the Ultimate tall boy. Great seat worth the money.
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

Ultimate offers a couple of offers for customers that are interested in their seats. If you are at a show where they are set up they will put a seat on your bike and let you try it out, if you like it pay for it or if you don't they will take it off. If you order by mail you have ,I think, 15 days to return it for full refund.

Spyder Garage

If you REALLY want a lot of opinions, and have the time to read them, just do a forum search in this section for "replace seat". You'll get at least 100 different threads.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ultimate or Corbin?
    There's some other pretty darn nice choices out there: Russell Day-Long, and Mustang.
    (And probably several others that I'm forgetting... )
    If you can get yourself to an "infestation" of Spyders; you'll likely see a whole bunch of the available alternatives. Talk to the owners, and see if they'll let you give your buns a chance to check them out!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

On Ultimate! I LOVE mine
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Something that really hasn't be stressed is service after the sale, and Ultimate has it all over Corbin. The Ultimate folks go out of their way to make sure you are a satisfied custome, they will even let you try out the seat so you can get a real world idea of if you like it, and won't charge a penny if you return the seat in a like new condition. And yes, I have an Ultimate on my RT, and I like it. but more importantly, my wife likes it.

You have it down to a choice of two seat, but there are a couple of more you aren't talking about, and they have been suggested already so I'll leave it at that. You need to look at the seats, talk to the people selling them, and look at what is said about them on the forum. Corbin used to be a great company, but if you read the reviews lately, their customer service and service after the sale isn't much to talk about.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had an Ultimate on my RT, but if I was doing it over, I'd go with Mustang.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I have an 2014 RT LTD.

Could not stand the stock seat,
    Tried the Air Hawk, did not do anything for me. Money wasted.

I bought an Ultimate last September at SpyderQuest, loved it from day one. can ride so much longer in it then the stock seat. And my Spyder looks so much better with the Ultimate.

Just bought a 2013 RT LTD for the wife, came with a Corbin seat. What a difference, seat is hard and not comfortable for me, sore after 5km, was going to buy another Ultimate seat until the wife found out the seat was heated. For her that trumps comfort, i guess we will see after riding to Quebec city this summer, i have a feeling she may then want an Ultimate after all because she does find the Ultimate more comfortable.

I have not tried the other brands out there, but i hear Russell day long seats are the top of the line, if you can afford them and be without your seat until you receive it.

All that been said, You need the seat that fits you and your comfortable in. Ask your fellow Spyder riders that have different seat if you can sit in them.

Snics

Spyder Garage

What type of riding are you doing? Mostly
    around town or short trips under 100 miles.
    I would go with what feels most comfortable
    when you sit on it. For these two choices I
    would pick Ultimate.

Most of the other brands except for Corbin
    are soft and cushy. I have had a Corbin
    seat custom fitted and it is extremely hard,
    but for a 700 mile trip of 10 hours you want
    it very firm. Think of racing seats they are
    very firm.

Good luck, and please repost and let us know what you chose cobraswinger and why.

Spyder Garage

Did anyone have any issues with the Ultimate Tall boy seat being taller and putting your helmet up into the buffeting zone? My head/helmet is now in the airflow zone and I have to duck behind the windscreen when traveling over 60 mph to avoid noise and buffeting. Just curious on your thoughts or if you've experienced it?
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Put Corbin in the search, apparently a lot of people can't get anything out of them.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Corbin is hit or miss. Shoddy workmanship. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! I will have a Russell Day Long seat for sale very soon. Not even broken in yet. If your interested PM me. Great seat. Going in a different direction. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kay View Post
    Did anyone have any issues with the Ultimate Tall boy seat being taller and putting your helmet up into the buffeting zone? My head/helmet is now in the airflow zone and I have to duck behind the windscreen when traveling over 60 mph to avoid noise and buffeting. Just curious on your thoughts or if you've experienced it?
    On all Ultimate seats you sit higher. Not a problem for me as I am only 5'8" so I am still in the clear. I enjoy the higher seating position.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I've had Ultimate and Mustang seats before on bikes. Both were great seats. On the Spyder I went first with the BRP comfort seat. The seat was great for about 150 to 200 miles then it got too soft. I decided to try Corbin this time and new about it being a firmer riding seat. I ordered my seat online but decided to ride down to Hollister to have all the pieces installed when the seat was ready. That was a good decision on my part.

True to form, the seat is exactly what I needed for long day rides and trips. The seat looks and feels great! However, Corbin's customer service....well it plain sucks!!!!! I don't understand why Mike Corbin does not fix the extremely poor customer service. Try calling the 1 -800 number on Corbin's webite....no one answers that line.

www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully