Spyder Garage

Default Determining correct amount of preload on a 2016 f3 limited SS

Hello. Just wondering what people's thoughts are for the correct amount of preload for the front shocks. I am 6'4 230 lbs. the shocks are set in the middle according to the number of threads on the shock. My dealer is pretty clueless as to what would be appropriate for my weight. I had a 2010 rt-s with Elkas that pitbull setup. And worked wonderful. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Any chance the Elkas would work for the f3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

A lot depends on how you ride, my suggestion is to make adjustments after each ride until you get it how you like it.
    You will know when it is how you like it, and then just note your settings, so that if at any time you adjust them for 2 up riding.... you can then set it back to what you know works for you.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Elka's just fit, But not the ones from your 2010 they will not work. I put the Elka's from my 2013 ST Limited on my F3 Limited and the clearance is tight but they don't rub. The coil springs are really close to some plastic on the upper A arms.

The Baja Ron sway bar off my ST will get installed also on the F3 tomorrow.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    Hello. Just wondering what people's thoughts are for the correct amount of preload for the front shocks. I am 6'4 230 lbs. the shocks are set in the middle according to the number of threads on the shock. My dealer is pretty clueless as to what would be appropriate for my weight. I had a 2010 rt-s with Elkas that pitbull setup. And worked wonderful. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Any chance the Elkas would work for the f3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's based on ride height and measured from the upper to the lower shock mounting bolts with a full cargo/ryder/passenger load. See below snip from the 2015 service manual. It's possible the measurements for your 2016 f3 ltd ss might differ.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HIspyder; 05-15-2016 at 08:16 PM.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!