Spyder Garage

Default Gearbrake brake light

Has anyone installed a Gear Brake modular unit on their Spyder and if so how do you like it?
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the one that flashes your brake when you roll off the throttle? I know someone who has it and he likes it. I think it makes a lot of sense, even more so on regular motorcycles as they tend to roll off the throttle and decelerate more rapidly than we do. I get mad at Joe when he does that and doesn't tap his brake to let me know he's slowing down.

They have this disclaimer on their website and I'm not sure if it would work for Spyders.
    This module is not compatible with HD Breakout, HD Slim, 2014-2015 HD Street Glide and CANBUS vehicles such as newer BMW and Ducati bikes.
    Module is not compatible with bikes utilizing run/turn/brake modules and 2 turn signal lights only.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thx for post . I saw on Amazon a mod that was listed specifically for Spyders. I think the concept is good if it works as described.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

It works. I have one on my STS. Just order the one from them for the spyder. It comes with the connectors installed. Plug and play.

Spyder Garage

I also have one installed on my '13 STL and it works exactly as intended. Per prior experience, after attempting to help another member on Spyderlovers who wound up having an incompatible Spyder model, the purchaser has to be aware that the GearBrake custom harness is ONLY compatible with F3, RT, and ST Spyders and will NOT FIT any RS models. That said, if you have a compatible Spyder and are in the market for an accelerometer triggered brake light modulator, the GearBrake is a very good option and it does work with both LED as well as incandescent lights. GearBrake also offers a discount to AMA members (I believe it's in the 15% range).