Spyder Garage

Default Should I be concerned about Seal Floorboards flexing?

Would love to talk with someone who has been using the DLX model seal floorboards. I'm ready to order a set for our 2014RT but am a little concerned about the statements at the sealconcepts website about "flex", i.e. the stock peg flexing under the weight of the board.

If you've used these PM me and I'll give you a call if you have a few minutes.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards?

Would love to talk with someone who has been using the DLX model seal floorboards. I'm ready to order a set for our 2014RT but am a little concerned about the statements at the sealconcepts website about "flex", i.e. the stock peg flexing under the weight of the board.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ramblin5 View Post

Thanks.
    Hi !!!

I had that exact floorboard on my 2011 RTS. I had no problems with my foot pegs flexing under the board. The Seal floorboards are great, very strong and solid.
    The pegs on the Spyders are pretty strong and can handle a lot of weight. They have to be, with the different weights of all the riders that own them.
    Before you buy new ones, contact me. I have mine off my 11, sitting on my shelf. My 2015, came with floorboards.
    I'll sell you my Seal DLX's for half of what new ones would cost (you pay shipping). They are still in great condition.
    My Seal DLX floorboards are for an SE5. Hopefully, that is what you have.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Had them on my 2010 RTS. No issues or problems. See above post for a good deal. Mine went to Illinois to a second happy customer once I traded for the 2014 that came with floorboards.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

How many times you going to post the same question?
    Once is really enough

AJ

Thanks.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have Seal floorboards on my 2010 RTS, and I love them. I love being able to move my feet around. Great investment in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Tommy,
    If they'll fit our 2014 RT I'll buy them from you. I'm going to contact John and see if they'll fit.

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    Hi !!!

I had that exact floorboard on my 2011 RTS. I had no problems with my foot pegs flexing under the board. The Seal floorboards are great, very strong and solid.
    The pegs on the Spyders are pretty strong and can handle a lot of weight. They have to be, with the different weights of all the riders that own them.
    Before you buy new ones, contact me. I have mine off my 11, sitting on my shelf. My 2015, came with floorboards.
    I'll sell you my Seal DLX's for half of what new ones would cost (you pay shipping). They are still in great condition.

Tommy J.

Spyder Garage

I just sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    Hi !!!

Tommy J.

Spyder Garage

John says they'll fit. Sent you a PM>

Tommy,
    If they'll fit our 2014 RT I'll buy them from you. I'm going to contact John and see if they'll fit.

Spyder Garage

Posted in different forums. Not everyone visits every forum. If there is a rule against posting same question in different forums I won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    How many times you going to post the same question?
    Once is really enough

AJ

Spyder Garage

Seal floorboards still for sale!,
    Doug

Spyder Garage

Very old post, over 4 years old. Also Seal Floorboards are no longer available.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Very old post, over 4 years old. Also Seal Floorboards are no longer available.
    I think Doug might be trying to sell a set, Paul. It would be worthwhile starting a new “for sale” thread if that is the case, Doug.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red