Thread: RE-SALE VALUE

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RE-SALE VALUE

Just wondering about re-sale value on a spyder? Is it about the same as a motorcycle. Is there a demand for used spyders , and are they hard to sell? Getting close to making my purchase, and just trying to think of everything. Seem like new ones are much more available now local dealer has them in stock and on the floor. I believe before you had to place an order and wait.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's definitely a buyers market if you have the cash...as far a re-sale, I think the first models are going to be bad with all the bugs. I would maybe print out the NADA and Kelly value for some leverage. No reason to rush a purchase now, make them stand on their head.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Look in the KBB .... around $10,500 for trade-in on a SM5. You are fast approaching the prime season so the chance of getting a good deal is fast deminishing.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1800vdrider View Post
    Just wondering about re-sale value on a spyder? Is it about the same as a motorcycle. Is there a demand for used spyders , and are they hard to sell? Getting close to making my purchase, and just trying to think of everything. Seem like new ones are much more available now local dealer has them in stock and on the floor. I believe before you had to place an order and wait.
    welcome also way in that you can now deduct sales taxes with the new stimulus bill signed last week on your 2009 income tax on new vechicle purchases

Spyder Garage

[quote=1800vdrider;78251]and just trying to think of everything.

Quit thinking and do it. Buying a Spyder was probably the only thing I did without thinking it through and it may be the best thing I ever did. (Well I did not think much about that Mexican midget in Vegas but that did not work out so well.:-) )

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ad in local Florida newspaper - 2009, Red, Manual Spyder, 3200 miles , $6200 . Sold my 08 Silver Spyder last year for $11000.Had about 3000 miles on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barb36jack31 View Post
    Ad in local Florida newspaper - 2009, Red, Manual Spyder, 3200 miles , $6200 . Sold my 08 Silver Spyder last year for $11000.Had about 3000 miles on it.
    So they are starting to drop like a rock?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Damn. Which local paper and could you take a look at it to see what kind of condition it's in? For that much, I'd buy it and haul it back to NM for resale.

Dennis

Spyder Garage

That was either a misprint or somebody got a really good deal because Kelly Blue Book is still over 13K
    http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail...der-sm5/249738

Not sure why you would dig up an old post like this unless you're trying to feel good about selling yours.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cheap shot, Lamont. Not up to your usual style at all. Ride safe.

Spyder Garage

Cheap shot, Lamont. Not up to your usual style at all. Ride safe.
    It's not a cheap shot Jack, you know me and I know you, I just don't understand why you would post that. You sold your Spyder, you moved on but your first post after all this time is to make the Spyder resale look bad to all the owners here. Please explain your reasoning and I'll be glad to apologize if you had some other motive.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, Lamont,

I did not take notice of the date of the original posting. I thought I was responding to a current question. Again, ride safe.