Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    Been trying the Electronic Cleaner in my shift housing and the first couple times not much difference. Would spray inside the housing to clean it. Light would come on and shifting would have to wiggle the paddle lever to get it to work. Then on third time it started to do about half and half of light come on. (Check Transmission) but the tranny shifted all right just the error light was on. Today shifted and no light came on! This spraying is over a period of time and the rides are days apart. It does shift well now but its like a toggle switch kind of sticky but a very positive shift. Will know more on the next ride.
    Been there, done that. very short term fix and it gets less effective each time you do it. Bite the bullet and buy a new switch assembly and give yourself a few hours to get it installed.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the pics! Not a fun job.

I tried like you know what to get the top off, all I did was scratch the Crap out my plastic. Watched a YouTube video, had the same tool made. So I went the bloody knuckles route. I had no idea where the plug was, but spyderlovers.com came through with this thread. I pried apart the lower part of the plastic, the piece you see in the pic above tio make a gap big enough to get a long screw driver through to push on the tab. Finally rooted new cable through another way of course. Finally got the click. Now o gotta figure out how to get old cable out! It is stuck of course deep in the belly of the beast! Might just cut it and tuck it.

Really frustrated with myself getting the top off pushing on the two tabs should be easy! I top took apart the old unit and the parts are sealed perfectly. Now wondering if it wad just the connector being up front in the rain and damp like mentioned. But I have a shiny new paddle.

I'm having the same problems mentioned above, staying in gear, no codes most of the time. Really hoping the new paddle fixes it.

Anyone find a video other than the guy using a smashed nail on how tio get the top off?