Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lower NB/PEI/Fundy Park

If your ever in the Moncton, NB area, or planning to go towards Fundy Park, I'll offer my guide services Always looking for a road trip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kojack View Post
    If your ever in the Moncton, NB area, or planning to go towards Fundy Park, I'll offer my guide services Always looking for a road trip.
    Thanks! My Grandmother is originally from Minto. If I can, I'm going to swing through the town. The trip keeps changing due to time limits. I'll have a blog hooked up for the trip. As I get closer we'll be in touch.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

If you plan on doing the Cabot Trail think about taking the Woods Island Ferry to Prince Edward Island. The ferry is free going to the island. Take Trans Canada 1 heading towards Charlottetown. If your camping spend the night at The Lord Selkirck Provincial Camping area in Belfast, PEI. Fifty acres of camping with flush and showers. Next door is a nine hole golf course. At sundown go to the golf course and see one of the most beautiful sunsets. In the morning head north and take The Confederation Bridge to New Brunswick. Toll to get off the island. Fourteen miles over the Atlantic Ocean. If your in the Kentville Nova Scotia area on July 1-3 come meet us at the Bluenose Rally. Small any brand motorcycle rally. Great peeople and fun rally.

Spyder Garage

Bluenose Rally last days of June thru July 1st. it is camping rally, lots of fun, entering New Brunswick at Callis Maine, camp at Oak Bay, New Brunswick nice folks snack bar and restaurant near by. Cabot trail, camp, do the trail, comeback to same camp, do the trail the opposite way the next day totally different ride. unless you like boat rides you can skip the St john to Digby ride unless you have the time to do the eastern shore. I could go on forever.
    send for a copy of Nova Scotia, doers and dreamers Guide at Tourism Nova Scotia it is a great book and has maps, camping guide and restaurant and lodgeing good luck.
    after you exit the Kancamangus go to east Conway and Visit "White Horse Gear" a great motorcyclist resource, books, clothing , and riding gear free coffee and cookies 10 percent discount cash and carry no state tax they are on line.

Spyder Garage

Awesome, lots of great info. Thanks so much!

Sent using Tapatalk
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
    Hello Ryders!

I'm getting geared up for a solo round trip ride from upstate NY to Nova Scotia, Canada in July this year. I'm interested to hear from those who have made a similar trip to Nova Scotia and any advice. I am a relatively new rider (last year was 1st year riding). I will be taking 7-8 days for the round trip journey with stops at campgrounds for overnights.

My current route takes me through the Adirondacks, across Lake Champlain to Vermont, on to the Kancamagus Highway (NH), then to Bar Harbor (ME), and finally to the Digby Ferry in Saint John, New Brunswick for a crossing to Nova Scotia. I have no real "must see" sights and welcome suggestions.

I am no stranger to long days and many miles as I typically log 200-300 miles/day for work (sales rep). My Spyder was recently upgraded with the BajaRon sway bar, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, and MotorCycle Dave's gel seat insert. These were all done in preparation for this trip.

Thanks for your comments and advice.

A must see is Cape Breton, my wife and I made the trip from PA last summer, already planning a return trip for the summer of 2017.
    Attached Images Attached Images