Thread: Air in damper

Spyder Garage

Default Air in damper

I'm confused, my spyder is bouncing like a bucking Bronco. I have an auto air adjustor + a schrader valve. Do I need to fill the air damper using the valve or does the compressor fill it from zero. It seems less bouncy when I started at zero, but I don't feel or see it raise , like I do with the valve.

Spyder Garage

Have you tried checking the pressure in the air bag via a tire pressure gauge on the valve?? Put too much air in there & it will make the ride bouncy!! Another thing to check is the chart/table in the manual that gives you an 'idea' of what pressure to use vs the weight you have on the bike as well as detailing the upper & lower pressure limits you should keep it between - might be worth checking that out!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Have you tried checking the pressure in the air bag via a tire pressure gauge on the valve?? Put too much air in there & it will make the ride bouncy!! Another thing to check is the chart/table in the manual that gives you an 'idea' of what pressure to use vs the weight you have on the bike as well as detailing the upper & lower pressure limits you should keep it between - might be worth checking that out!
    Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AIR PRESSURE IN REAR

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Bouncy......really,....if I have 80 lbs in the rear bag it rides like a BRICK........the less ability the spring has for movement the harsher the ride......jmho......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As a point of reference, my RT when the ride switch is set to the middle setting the pressure in the air bag is 48 PSI.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    As a point of reference, my RT when the ride switch is set to the middle setting the pressure in the air bag is 48 PSI.

Bob
    I manually put 45psi in it + it bounces especially with wife on back.( 130 lbs. ) maybe I need more air. Didn't check it when I let auto compressor do it ,because I can't see or feel bike raise. I'll try next time. I'm thinking maybe the shock is done for.