Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED headlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    I looked on Lamonster's site and saw the led head lights for the f3 limited ss . Unlike most of his products there is no installation video. From what I've read this can be quite involved. Anyone know if there is a video of the installation. I find it works best for me if I can see it done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lamont does have a installation video on his fog lights....I believe it is on his Website....or maybe it was on YouTube....but there is on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman5363 View Post
    Lamont does have a installation video on his fog lights....I believe it is on his Website....or maybe it was on YouTube....but there is on.
    Thanks, but was asking about headlights which r a little bit more complicated to do. I have his fog lights, easy install especially with the video to help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieIndia View Post
    Lamonster is sold out was wondering when he might get them back in stock, thanks for the info about electrical connection. According to BRP manual the front of the trike needs to come off to get at the bulbs, another ridiculous set-up.
    Sorry, thought you were talking about the Fog Lights. Yes, the top of the bike needs to come off to get to the headlights. Note, when you remove the upper panel under the gauge assembly and windshield mounting area the wiring harness is attached to it and zip ties must be cut....be careful not to cut your harness....I did not re-assemble mine the same....I zip tied to other areas so if I ever remove it again I won't have the hassle. You are correct about BRP making it a pain to just replace headlight bulbs. Right side is easy as there is more room for your hands but the left is a pain.

Spyder Garage

They are a little bit of a pain to change the headlights. If you take your time and go slow, it's not hard, just a pain. One thing I noticed when I put mine in... make sure the bulbs are oriented correctly in the housing. The Lamont kit comes with a little allen wrench to adjust the bulb orientation. If they aren't oriented the same on both sides it will project a different beam pattern from one side to the other.

Also, Lamont didn't make a video of the install because of how long it takes. I read in another post on here somewhere that he tries to keep his videos around 10 min or less. If you can change the headlight bulbs in under 10 minutes...
    2015 Spyder F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found that doing the Headlights were much easier then doing the fog lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I purchased mine at Xenon Depot. What is different with Lamonster's?????

Xenon was also plug and play. Very simple.

Would still like that answer to this. Is Lamonster's Highlight kit better? Better quality? brighter LED's?? I am curious.

Spyder Garage

I cannot answer your question if Lamonts headlights are better, but I really like them. They seem to be really high quality and soooo much brighter than the oem halogens and combined with the fog lights they not only light up the road really good but they look really good also.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    I cannot answer your question if Lamonts headlights are better, but I really like them. They seem to be really high quality and soooo much brighter than the oem halogens and combined with the fog lights they not only light up the road really good but they look really good also.
    Dave I just ordered the head lights and fog lights from Lamonster. Had them shipped right to Tammy for the install. Skid plate and sway bar also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Like a few people said it is a pain, a few drops of blood because the left side doesn't have a lot of room(tip use hemostats to remove and replace retaining clips that hold the bulb in,make it easier, especially on the left side.. wife's idea worked great.) The Lamonster Led headlights are installed. Thanks for all the tips, they sure came in handy!
    Last edited by CharlieIndia; 05-13-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default LED HEADLIGHTS FROM TRICLED

I just installed the headlights from TricLED last night. It was a pain to get to the headlights but well worth it once the installation was finished. Now the light from the headlights matches the light from my LED foglights!! Much better than OEM's!👍😄
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I just installed the headlights from TricLED last night. It was a pain to get to the headlights but well worth it once the installation was finished. Now the light from the headlights matches the light from my LED foglights!! Much better than OEM's!👍😄
    Too funny so did I....

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I purchased the BRP fog lights for the F3 then I changed the bulb to an LED bulb so that it would be a bright white light not yellow.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

To all that chose TricLed products.. Thank you very much! For the past 6 yrs, we strive to deliver the best in LEDs and stand behind our products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Finished My install - how many hash marks?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEZL600EFI View Post
    Too funny so did I....

I have the F3-T, I noticed in this picture there is a "high left" flair mine has that too. I started with both bulbs level with the horizon. How many hash marks did you rotate each bulb from level and did you do both in the same direction. Love the lights but getting the bulbs rotated to right angle seems to be alluding me. I hate to have to go to trial and error. Thanks in advance guys.

Spyder Garage

I also noticed the poorly aligned beams in the photo. What is up with that?

I installed the Cyclops Adventure Sports bulbs and they are super bright, easy to install on our RT, and no beam misalignment.

Is that misalignment unique to the F3 headlights?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I also noticed the poorly aligned beams in the photo. What is up with that?

I installed the Cyclops Adventure Sports bulbs and they are super bright, easy to install on our RT, and no beam misalignment.

Is that misalignment unique to the F3 headlights?
    I have not had time to align them yet. (I should have mentioned that)

I also have a loose housing on the left, even with the stock bulbs when lowered to correct height it would bounce. I had it set a tad high to keep it tight, it is was more noticeable with the LEDs. I need to have my dealer replace it under warranty one of these days. I tried everything to fix it but I think it's just a defective housing.
    Last edited by BLUEZL600EFI; 05-18-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEZL600EFI View Post
    I have not had time to align them yet. (I should have mentioned that)

I also have a lose housing on the left, even with the stock bulbs when lowered to correct height it would bounce. I had it set a tad high to keep it tight, it is was more noticeable with the LEDs. I need to have my dealer replace it under warranty one of these days. I tried everything to fix it but I think it's just a defective housing.
    That's seems pretty crazy, hope you get it sorted out

Spyder Garage

Are these plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=wolfeman220940;1131366]Are these plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

More like a lot of disassembly, hurt knuckles, PLUG, swearing, reassembly, then PLAY