Spyder Garage

Default HUGE difference with SmoothSpyder...

Just test drove my '12 RT with the SmoothSpyder belt tensioner. One word... AMAZIING!!! The vibration is completely gone and the ride is so much more enjoyable. BRP should be installing these on all Spyders.

Jim at SmoothSpyder was quick to respond to the few questions I had. Installation was a breeze. If you have vibration problems, don't waste any more time. Get this product!!!

2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SMOOTHSPYDER

................Great, however reducing the belt tension " a lot " achieves the same thing and it's FREE .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ................Great, however reducing the belt tension " a lot " achieves the same thing and it's FREE .....Mike
    Thanks, Mike. I did try that several times. My shop is very good and they don't charge me for every little thing (i.e. adjustments). They want me as a happy customer. We just could not find the sweet spot for my comfort. The belt tensioner was a simple answer for me and well worth the expense. It completely mitigated the problem, instantly.

But, I appreciate your comment. It's the first thing folks should try.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Have one of the originals but hear the new ones are much better. It did help quite a bit and am very happy with it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

This is my third riding season with a SmoothSpyder, and I can't imagine not having one. It really does make a noticeable difference.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic