Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Recommend taking the Motorcycle Safety Course for the valuable learning experience. If you pass, you will get a waiver for the written and road test, and just need to pay DMV to get your motorcyle license endorsement. That allows you to ride, and test drive, two and three wheels. I don't know of a dealer that will allow you to test drive their cycles without a license.

The other option is to pass the written test to get your permit, then take the three wheel test for your license. If you test on the trike, your license will be only for a three wheeler. You can purchase a cycle without a permit or license.

2015 F3S. Farkles: Route 129 shield, passenger backrest, Lidlox, cup holder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default license

Thanks for the help/advice everyone! Turns out they do accommodate for the 3 wheels so gotta get my permit then practice practice practice for the road test!!!

Spyder Garage

I don't know if the new owners manual have it, but the older ones had a section of practice skills. Try working on this, they will go a long ways toward what you need to pass the riding portion of the test.

Spyder Garage

Check with locus Grove DMV on 75 behind rangers shopping.they can give 3 wheel endorsement.

Spyder Garage

This past month I retook the GWRRA Trike class. They recommend it every three years. They have adapted the class for Spyders as they handle different than the standard trikes.

With the endorsement, I get a discount on my motorcycle insurance. The class was held at the Rome, GA airport in a classroom and on a taxiway.

Spyder Garage

Default license

If you get the GA m/c license you can also drive a 3 wheeler, they are the same no special license needed for 3 wheeler, test is real easy.