Spyder Garage

Default Was Anyone Selling Amsoil at Spyderfest?

After switching to Amsoil due to the recommendations here, I was looking for some oil because of the 998 uses oil. I could not find any. Were was Baja Ron? I made it home with what I had though but was wandering with so many Spyders there, what were others doing if they got low?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I was thinking that maybe I should switch to something more available.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

More available? If you contact Ron and order, it'll be at your door within a day or two. I have ordered in the morning and it was delivered the next day.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I was thinking that maybe I should switch to something more available.
    I am unaware of how much you have to add how often, but you can use other synthetics with Amsoil if and when you have no Amsoil available.

Can AMSOIL motor oils be mixed with other brands?Answer: Yes. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are compatible with other conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil’s life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Mixing other oils with AMSOIL motor oils may also void the AMSOIL limited warranty.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default OIL

When I had my ST-S with the V-Twin I would carry a qt. of Amsoil with me on long trips just in case I needed to add oil.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I found a 1 pint bottle that was fairly flat and sealed well. I carry my extra Amsoil there, just in case. I go about 2,000 miles without having to add oil. Riding a 2011-RTS.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    When I had my ST-S with the V-Twin I would carry a qt. of Amsoil with me on long trips just in case I needed to add oil.
    When I did the switch over to Amsoil, They do send an extra quart. I took what I had left, and it was enough, but was curious as to why I did not see any dealers selling it. I went to Pitbull and the guy behind the counter said he was a dealer but did not have any. He said to get a 10W-40 motorcycle oil with wet clutch additive.
    He said to not mix the BRP oil with Amsoil.
    Last edited by AY4B; 05-02-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I am unaware of how much you have to add how often, but you can use other synthetics with Amsoil if and when you have no Amsoil available.

Can AMSOIL motor oils be mixed with other brands?Answer: Yes. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are compatible with other conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil’s life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Mixing other oils with AMSOIL motor oils may also void the AMSOIL limited warranty.
    If you do mix, use 10W-40 synthetic motorcycle oil with wet clutch additive. Do not use BRP oil.
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am pretty happy with using Amsoil Made the engine quiet and shifts smoother.

Spyder Garage

You have very good answers in the previouis replies. I'm just going to consolidate them.

I do as others have suggested. I carry a quart of Amsoil with me on long trips. I've run over 6k and the quart was enough to keep me topped of. Not everyone can go that far on 1 trip. But most don't anyway.

You can mix Amsoil with any oil that is compatible with your engine. Including BRP oil. I don't know why the Amsoil guy would say that.

Most oils will degrade the lubricating properties of Amsoil. But probably only slightly as you're most likely not adding that much by total volume. It's not that big of a deal. It's not going to coagulate, have a chemical reaction or give you any issues at all. The key here is compatible oil. (not with Amsoil, but with your application).

I'd love to attend Spyderfest. I attended most of the early events. It's just difficult to get away from the business these days.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-02-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron, the guy's reasoning was to get a compatible oil but the same weight as the Amsoil. He did not think it was a good idea to mix a 10W-40 full synthetic with a 5W- 30 blend. I have just a little of the 6th quart left, ill have to order soon and will order an extra quart next time.
    I was just surprised no one at spyderfest had it. I had figured that going to spyderfest, surely SOMEONE would be selling it.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Hit the nearest Wallyworld

They have Valvoline and likely Castrol in 10-40 that is Jaso MA2 wet clutch oil. Either will mix just fine.

The Tech didn't know what he was talking about as far as mixing oil is concerned.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Thanks Ron, the guy's reasoning was to get a compatible oil but the same weight as the Amsoil. He did not think it was a good idea to mix a 10W-40 full synthetic with a 5W- 30 blend. I have just a little of the 6th quart left, ill have to order soon and will order an extra quart next time.
    I was just surprised no one at spyderfest had it. I had figured that going to spyderfest, surely SOMEONE would be selling it.
    I would respectfully disagree with that reasoning. While not idea, neither it is that big a deal. Especially if you're looking at running low.

Like everything else. There are things that are very important to observe about lubricants and some things that are not so important. I guess the trick is to know which is which.

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default amsoil

https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_yl...hs-mozilla-004
    not sure if the link will work i did a ansoil dealer in greenville tx and this was the results about 20 miles south of you in Quinlan 903-268-0770 hope that helps a lot of small autoparts also carry it if not ask at bike shops