Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default First mod complete...

Couldn't help myself, I had to tear it down to see what was under the hood. So I spent Saturday morning tearing it down and putting in a Bajaron sway bar so it would corner at speed a little better. Spent about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Only adds I'd make to the instructions were that in order to get the frunk latch cable off, you have to loosen the 2 bolts underneath and remove all 4 bolts along the top edge and then tilt it out so you can get a wrench in the little box underneath the latch. Secondly, in order to get the top bolt of the heim links off, you need to remove the plastic A arm covers. I was very pleased with how easy this thing was to work on. Granted, this was a simple install, but it could have gone worse.

For Bajaron, I'd offer that it would be VERY nice to have a reference point marked on the sway bar to make it easier to center up when installing. Trying to use a tape measure after getting the bolts in wasn't easy.

After a nice lunch, I took her out for a test spin and was happy with the results. I was expecting a much more noticeable difference based on the many reviews. I could tell a difference, but didn't think it was that noticeable. All in all, I'd say it was still a pretty good mod. Next up is figuring out how to hang a 12V outlet so I can power a cell phone for GPS and also to plug in a battery tender.

Sorta looks like a Transformer, doesn't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now that you have done the first one, there will be many more to come.

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats. ..

sounds like a productive day... now you know the innards a bit better. I would add that if you do it that way you should grease the front end cause it is so easy with the frunk off.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lbrty9 View Post
    For Bajaron, I'd offer that it would be VERY nice to have a reference point marked on the sway bar to make it easier to center up when installing. Trying to use a tape measure after getting the bolts in wasn't easy.
    Glad your install went reasonably smooth. The reason I do not put a center mark on the sway bar is to discourage people from trying to center the bar in this manner. The bar needs to center based on equal clearance from the Heim joint links to the A-Arm attachment points. It really has very little to do with aligning the sway bar to the center of the frame. So, be sure you have equal clearance to each Heim joint link, and adjust the sway bar left or right to achieve this if you don't.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Have a Great Riding Season!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    sounds like a productive day... now you know the innards a bit better. I would add that if you do it that way you should grease the front end cause it is so easy with the frunk off.
    Too funny, I did see those zerks and hit them all with a shot of grease. Great minds...

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Great job taking it apart and getting it back together. I got chills watching the mechanic at the dealership install OEM fog lights in my RT. The guy was very young, and I wondered about his experience and expertise. But after talking to my regular motorcycle mechanic and getting to know the guy a little better, I realized that he was like a fish in water. The guy really knew his way around a spyder and now I trust him completely with my baby. Well, as long as I can keep one eye on him. I don't know what I am looking at, but it lets him know that I am onto him.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Cool

Idk about sway bars....but I do know about Oreos! Yum!

Spyder Garage

Mmmmmmmm... Oreo's