Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know any Spyder Rentals on any of the Hawaiian Islands?

My wife decided we need to take a special trip for our 40th Anniversary. Since she is part Polish, I tried a one way ticket to Poland, for some reason she would not go for that.. She wants to go back to to where we went on our honeymoon and 25th Anniv. Hawaii. Does anyone know if they have Spyder rentals on any of the Hawaiian Islands. I figured if she could put up with me for 40 years, that is the least I can do......and renting the spyder was her idea.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I don't know anything about rentals, but congratulations on 40 years.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    My wife decided we need to take a special trip for our 40th Anniversary. Since she is part Polish, I tried a one way ticket to Poland, for some reason she would not go for that.. She wants to go back to to where we went on our honeymoon and 25th Anniv. Hawaii. Does anyone know if they have Spyder rentals on any of the Hawaiian Islands. I figured if she could put up with me for 40 years, that is the least I can do......and renting the spyder was her idea.
    +1 my wife and I are going to Hawaii in June and I was curious about this as well. I'm all ears on this topic.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I rented a the last time I was on Maui. We drove the famous Hana Highway. The dealer, Maui Scooters, stopped renting 's the next year. The one we rented was well used and service had been lacking.

As of a few months ago, there were no dealers on any of the islands. A few people that live on the islands, bought their 's stateside and they are doing their own maintenance.

We saw one other on Maui when we were there.

That's my latest update. Here is our rental parked in front of the Hana Post Office.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-02-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. If there are no Spyders on any of the islands we will be in withdrawal until we get home......

Spyder Garage

No Spyder rentals In Hawaii, that I know of, but I do have reliable insider information that there is an F3 on Kauai.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    No Spyder rentals In Hawaii, that I know of, but I do have reliable insider information that there is an F3 on Kauai.
    Sooooo, if you'll let me ryde your F3 on Kauai (1st week of April), I'll let you ryde mine in Colorado. I live just outside Rocky Mtn. National Park.

Just a thought??

Spyder Garage

Yes, there ARE Spyder rentals in Honolulu, I know because my wife and I rented one on our trip there last November. The lady that runs the place is named Mary Demonteverde and she is a very nice person to deal with. She brought the Spyder to our timeshare and picked it up there as well. The Spyder we got had a loud muffler and a manual transmission, but that was because our rental was a last-minute whim. We still had a blast although I wished I had my earplugs. Other than that it was great. Try riding up Tantalus Drive.

We're planning to rent again when we go back in August and have been in contact with Mary recently. Because I was a little concerned with the loud muffler last time, she said she would get us a quieter model for our next trip.

Web Site: https://www.hawaiispyder.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hawaiispyder/
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    My wife and I will be in Honolulu and Kauai for a week in mid March for our 30th Anniversary . Really looking forward to the trip.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Hey SpyderSue, 3 couples from NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) are coming to your great State in June. we rented a house on Grand Elk golf course South of Granby and will be Spyder riding all around/over/thru RMNP, Estes, etc. we have been scouting out some of the scenic routes in the area. we found 4 that we might try: Peak to Peak, Cache La Poudre-North Park, Colorado River Headwaters and of course Trail Ridge Road. If you have any suggestions of some other great scenic ride routes we would appreciate any input. where are yu specifically located?
    NISR - Chico, Gordon, Gary and our back saddle mates thank yu for any input. my email: bigeff@cox.net

Spyder Garage

HISpyder is there any motorcycle rentals in Kauai.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Yes, there ARE Spyder rentals in Honolulu, I know because my wife and I rented one on our trip there last November. The lady that runs the place is named Mary Demonteverde and she is a very nice person to deal with. She brought the Spyder to our timeshare and picked it up there as well. The Spyder we got had a loud muffler and a manual transmission, but that was because our rental was a last-minute whim. We still had a blast although I wished I had my earplugs. Other than that it was great. Try riding up Tantalus Drive.

We're planning to rent again when we go back in August and have been in contact with Mary recently. Because I was a little concerned with the loud muffler last time, she said she would get us a quieter model for our next trip.

Web Site: https://www.hawaiispyder.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hawaiispyder/
    Thank you for the updated information. The only bad thing about a Honolulu rental is that it is like driving in Chicago with palm trees...all four lanes or so each direction.

Once you get out of the Honolulu area, West, North Shore, South Shore...its back to the Oahu Hawaii ambience as usual. I did like our Maui rental when they were available.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi All
    My wife and I have family in Hawaii, we go every year to visit, I have NEVER found any dealer that rents
    Spyders on any of the islands in the last 3 or 4 years. we usually are on the big island in Kona and Hilo but
    we do travel around to all the islands, you can rent a Harley everywhere but no CanAm dealers offer rentals
    so if someone in the islands knows of a renting dealer PLEASE let us all know.
    Dave
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 02-27-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hi All
    My wife and I have family in Hawaii, we go every year to visit, I have NEVER found any dealer that rents
    Spyders on any of the islands in the last 3 or 4 years. we usually are on the big island in Kona and Hilo but
    we do travel around to all the islands, you can rent a Harley everywhere but no CanAm dealers offer rentals
    so if someone in the islands knows of a renting dealer PLEASE let us all know.
    Dave
    … Dear Dave , reading ALL the posts on any Thread can supply very enlightening info …… jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    … Dear Dave , reading ALL the posts on any Thread can supply very enlightening info …… jmho ….. Mike
    Hmmm.....
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Well, technically https://www.hawaiispyder.com/ isn't a dealer ...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 11:00 PM.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Well, technically https://www.hawaiispyder.com/ isn't a dealer ...
    Definately not a dealer. This looks similar to Maui Scooters (who used to rent Spyders on Maui).

The ad says you will get a 5 speed/990 engine Spyder. Sounds like RS to me....which was what I got on Maui.

Still a fun ride. Not everyone can say they have Spydered in Hawaii. Very beautiful experience.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-02-2019 at 03:50 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know of any rentals on any of the islands? Could be a Spyder or a Ryker...last of the 50 states for us but having a hard time finding info about rentals. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Removed Post title after merge - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Looks like two wheelers or Slingshots are your options.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thank you...won't be a slingshot...I can ride two wheels if I have to but I really want it to be a Spyder or Ryker...I have a few other leads coming in from some other posts....fingers crossed!!

Spyder Garage

All the information comes from 2016 and 2019.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I checked on The Big Island while I was in Kona in January, no Spyders.
    There is a rental place in Kings Shops renting motorcycles and Slingshots.
    Aloha
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Thank you Virgil2014. Hubby called somewhere in Honolulu today (a motorcycle rental place) and they are adding a Ryker to their fleet very soon.

Spyder Garage

Well, I have some NEW INFORMATION since this thread started 7 years ago. I have a Ryker reserved in April for 8 hours at the following:

https://www.cruzinhawaii.com/

Cost is $150 for 8 hours, located in Honolulu.

I'll let you know how it works out. Hubby has a 2 wheeler reserved from Rider Share. State #50 here we come!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PURPLEON3 View Post
    Well, I have some NEW INFORMATION since this thread started 7 years ago. I have a Ryker reserved in April for 8 hours at the following:

https://www.cruzinhawaii.com/

Cost is $150 for 8 hours, located in Honolulu.

I'll let you know how it works out. Hubby has a 2 wheeler reserved from Rider Share. State #50 here we come!!
    Great to hear the Hawaii information. And...the rental price is a great one. I would have expected the rentals to be about twice that.

PS: make sure to take the H3 North to the end, the South end is Pearl Harbor. It is supposed to be one of the 10 most beautiful Highways in the United States. It will take you through the Jungle and through a big tunnel. The tunnel is comparable to the Eisenhower just west of Denver.

Ride videos of the H3 are on Google.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-22-2024 at 08:36 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red