Spyder Garage

Default Sierra Cycles, there when I needed them

During this past week we decided to ride our Spyders from Tucson to Bisbee, AZ on Saturday, stay the night in Sierra Vista, and then go back home on Sunday. I ride an 2015 RT Limited and early in my ride on Saturday I noticed through my GPS integrated tire pressure monitor, that I was losing just a tad of rear air pressure. I stopped, looked at the tire, and found a roofing nail in my rear tire; with only 6K and some on the tire. Darn. I proceeded to Discount Tire for a hopeful repair as it was leaking so slowly and I assumed repairable. Well, Discount Tire does front wheels but not rear wheels on Spyders. So, I continued onward and stopped at Sierra Cycles, the Spyder Dealer in Sierra Vista where I purchased the bike, as it was on our way to Bisbee. I pulled in and their service shop, as I expected, was busy with Saturday customers. Gary Nunnery, Service Manager, was eager to help me, but couldn't get me in for several hours. Bummer, we had planned the day in Bisbee, a neat old mining town. I told Gary that I'd take my chances and deal with it after I got back home to Tucson. I was planning on purchasing a tire plug repair kit and fixing it myself. Gary really didn't want me to leave as he was genuinely concerned about us. A few minutes later David Levitt, General Manager, and son of the owner Barry Levitt, walked up to me and said "Rob, take our new 2016 F3-T to Bisbee and come back tonight and your bike will be ready". They wouldn't even let me put gas in it; they filled it up before handing it over to me. Also, none of the normal sign-your-life-away paperwork, just the keys from good people helping good people. So Jacque and I continued on to Bisbee, and had a great time having lunch at the Bisbee Grille, coffee at the Bisbee Coffee Company, people watching, window shopping, and walking around this wonderful little town. It was neat riding the F3-T as well. We got back to Sierra Cycle about 4:15pm and Mike Calhoun, was just finishing putting on the new rear tire. Luckily, when I purchased the bike, Steve Crump, Sales Manager, explained how important the wheel and tire warranty is for a Spyder, as with three wheels the rear wheel is riding where debris collects in the lane. On Saturday I discovered that with any tire issue they put on a new tire; no repairs. $0. The no cost was nice; but it was really about the service! It's the moments of truth like this that show you what service and caring are all about. Here's to Gary, David, Barry, Steve, Mike, and everyone else at Sierra Cycles. You are the best!

Spyder Garage

Rob, I am sorry to hear about your troubles but I am so very thankful you both were headed through Sierra Vista. The outcome could have been a lost weekend or worse for sure if you had made another destination. I can't thank them enough for all they do, always going the extra mile. Such kind and caring people, they truly go above and beyond every time! Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Always good to hear dealer helping out (like they ALL SHOULD)!!

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thank you Rob and thank you Cindy for both of your posts. We can't thank you both enough for your support of our dealership and more importantly your friendship.

You guys are amazing and we are very lucky to be able to help you!