Spyder Garage

Question Question: F3/RT seating position vs my spine?

I've got some physical issues, not as bad as some, but they are/can be a pain. Primarily lower back/butt and shoulder, they seem to keep my rides shorter than I'd like. I've been riding Burp, a 2012 RT-S for 4 years now and had 3 different seats, with/without Air Hawk, and a sheepskin, but still can't seem to get over 200-300 miles in a day. Even if I get that far, usually I'm drugging up at night to sleep and maybe go the next day. Any opinions/experiences with the F3 ride/seat combination that seems to help? Also, I sat on a F3 at the dealer and the handlebar was higher than my shoulder likes, do the adjustable positions help with that?
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Honestly, it took me 3000 miles of riding the F3 to realize how much I hate the feet-forward position because any time you go over a bump, your spine absorbs the impact. It's a real b-word. On the RS-S with my feet below me, I was able to use my legs to cushion the bump and my spine was fine. As far as handlebar position, I do like the ability to have longer bars for less strain on my wrists, but you can swap bars on another Spyder as well. Definitely take an F3 for a LOOONG ride before you buy one.
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6