Threaded View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Paraplegic new F3-S owner, hi from the U.K

Hi all, it's been nearly 5 years since my motorcycle accident that left T11 complete para and just got my first spyder F3-S... Took me this long to persuade my wife to let me have one!
    just wanted to say hi and say how much I'm loving my new ride. Just fantastic to be back on the road
    Having never rode a spyder before I had hopefully expectations and wasn't sure how comfortable and stable I would feel but I shouldn't of worried as it feels excellent.
    The dealer fitted an ISCI hand brake adaptation and foot boards however the braking performance with the hand brake is extremely disappointing, a car braked unexpectedly in front of me today and I thought I wasn't going to stop in time. I've adjusted the brake lever span adjuster out as far as I can although I do have fairly small hands but the lever came back to the bars. I've lost a lot of confidence in the ability to be able to stop in an emergency which is a real shame.
    ive read on here that this is a known issue now but any suggestions on improving the braking?
    cheers
    sean
    Attached Images Attached Images