Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 RT?

Spyder Garage

Default 2017 RT?

Wondering if next years RT will be more F3 like or just totally different. Seriously it's near perfect now. All we RT lovers need is a cool new body style perhaps???

what do you all think?
    Rich

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The RT need s U-Fit system like the F3 has. then the RT would be the ultimate Spyder. being 6' 3" I just cant get comfortable on this 2012 RT-S.

Spyder Garage

I absolutely agree.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Speaking more generally, across the range -

How about keyless / remote fob?

How about our luxury machines come with proper bluetooth, not an add-on turn on/off gizmo?

How about models equipped with gps include tyre pressure monitors? (this one is 'bottom' of my wish list, but would be good given how sensitive our machines are to tyre pressure)

How about - my pet peeve - a bit of illumination on the left handlebar so I can find the high beam switch at night? (no muscle memory as I don't often ride at night)

How about tri-axis bars as a standard option in place of stock bars, rather than only as an expensive add-on?? I would so love it if this was on my ST... but applies equally to RT range

How about the ability to choose night screen (as we can on our car gps') for more screen visibility in the sunshine?

Your ideas??

PS When they bring the F3T out with the above as standard, I'll definitely buy one...

Spyder Garage

A styling update besides other improvements would be great.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Some good ideas above. Your heading for a $35K machine if all the add on's were to happen.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Re $35K RT machine, here in oz it would be nice...

Seriously, they're not all expensive mods - eg, high beam illumination on handgrip, 'preference' setting for night screen -- not too many dollars there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Re $35K RT machine, here in oz it would be nice...

Seriously, they're not all expensive mods - eg, high beam illumination on handgrip, 'preference' setting for night screen -- not too many dollars there.
    Keyless fob, U-fit system, tri axis handlebars, bluetooth. Those would be some of the price boosters. IMO of course.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

They are most of the way there already to keyless fob system now,That should be just a few lines of code. I can buy a radio in WalMart for $100 with Bluetooth Pandora Iphone/ android interface, Satellite radio IHeart Radio and a USB port so that shouldn't be too much. The technology is out there and fairly cheap already they don't have to re invent the wheel here. Lighting up the left side switches should be easy and cheap and a safety issue.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Gas Cap Door, Tri-Axis Handlebars, Baja-Ron Sway Bar w/ Aluminium Helm Links and a CB radio that's equal to the quality and performance of other manufacturers.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

Ya'll make the RT sound like it is really lacking... Thats why I love my RS it already lacks all that stuff plus the stuff you do have....One sweet simple road hugging machine....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

At the least I bet it's less tupperware and some new colors. Cheaper to manufacture with less plastic and the engine gets more air flow.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about the option of an RT with FEWER electronic doo dads. Starting with a plain old key - no coded chip, no keyless fob - just an old fashioned stick of steel that will always start the engine and doesn't take up any room in your pocket. Then how about LESS computerization with its constant threat of limp modes, shut downs, etc. And how about more ground clearance!

Notice I said "option". You guys who love all the high tech gadgets could have an RT done your way. And those of us who prefer a more old fashioned, simple, mechanical, rugged, dependable machine could have it done our way.

As far as body style, I can't think of anything I'd change on my 2015. But I would love to see it in teal!
    Last edited by ruralgirl; 04-26-2016 at 11:23 PM.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tri Axis Bars,Sway bar Rons,Shock adjusters,windshield options. TAd bit better seat that what they have now. Now I am speaking of the RT models..
    Better Tupperware..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    How about the option of an RT with FEWER electronic doo dads. Starting with a plain old key - no coded chip, no keyless fob - just an old fashioned stick of steel that will always start the engine and doesn't take up any room in your pocket. Then how about LESS computerization with its constant threat of limp modes, shut downs, etc. And how about more ground clearance!

Notice I said "option". You guys who love all the high tech gadgets could have an RT done your way. And those of us who prefer a more old fashioned, simple, mechanical, rugged, dependable machine could have it done our way.

As far as body style, I can't think of anything I'd change on my 2015. But I would love to see it in teal!
    Sounds nice! It will be called the RT-BB (bare bones) . And with higher ground clearance, maybe some off road capability, a brush guard, it will be the RT-R (rugged) edition!
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Hmmm, an RT with fewer electronic doodads & a bit more ground clearance... That sounds good, altho as mentioned by others, it should be part of the option selections, cos someone I know well might want some of the bells & whistles, a little more relaxed nanny, plus the extra ground clearance.

Hey, while we're at it, what about an optional turbo too!!

Or maybe even a F3T with more ground clearance, a real 2-up seating arrangement, AND a turbo!!

Oh, and let's not forget a choice of better tires instead of just that Kenda crap!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Great suggestions everyone "BRP Take NOTE"

My reason for this post was for exactly what we all put into our responses. I for one want a redesign of the body, A U-fit system where we sit into the bike a little more like the F3's. Definitely Tri Axis handle bars and a Baha Ron Sway bar would be nice. The tunes on the top of the line F3T are amazing and should become standard on the RT in my opinion. USB ports, 12 volt plugs in better places (on the dash)

I saw that Turbo F3 that Lamont posted in Daytona. It will be a big seller, but so disappointing if all BRP does is give us all that option for the 2017 season.

Keep this going... It's a great Read!!
    Last edited by rworell; 04-27-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its nice to have wishes and dreams, the 2017 might be already done just waiting for September to be announced. New and or updated models are already planned years in advance I believe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post

I totally agree!!!!! Get rid of all that electronic crap with its threat DESS mode, limp mode and the rest of that garbage. Stick a key in it and go for a ride! I totally love my RTS, but with all the electronic problems people are having, I worry every time I take it out.

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default i think yes

Hi, as I wrote in my article.. I do believe that BRP will bring new RT in more F3 look.. for me it makes sense when you look around what they do. - f3 then f3-t
    and for them it will be a great call, because those that owns RT, there are in all respect, more wealthy people, and they will buy new design for sure..
    what you think.?

Quote Originally Posted by rworell View Post
    Wondering if next years RT will be more F3 like or just totally different. Seriously it's near perfect now. All we RT lovers need is a cool new body style perhaps???

what do you all think?
    Rich

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A Goldwing GL1800 engine would be nice.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    .... because those that owns RT, there are in all respect, more wealthy people, and they will buy new design for sure..
    what you think.?
    I think that BRP will therefore HAVE to get rid of the DESS crap because we "wealthy" will HAVE to rob a bank to keep buying the new models, and we won't be able to wait for granny to boot up before making our getaway. Of course, I'll have the option of riding my horse to the bank and ground-tying him while I'm holding up the tellers. He always starts immediately and we can disappear into the woods 'cuz his ground clearance is excellent.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Spyder Garage

The RT seems to represent a huge percentage of their sales, and works. For those who want more of an F3 look, they came out with an F3 touring model. Yes, I would love to see some of these changes, but I tend to think that that we've got a few more years of only minor changes on the RT. I just don't think they'll do another tourer with F3 type styling in the next few years. As to some of the other luxury features, I doubt enough of us care about wireless key fobs enough to pay the costs to add them. I'd rather they kept their eye on quality and performance, rather than add a lot of features.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jheck View Post
    I totally agree!!!!! Get rid of all that electronic crap with its threat DESS mode, limp mode and the rest of that garbage. Stick a key in it and go for a ride! I totally love my RTS, but with all the electronic problems people are having, I worry every time I take it out.
    YES! I was trying to stay polite with "doo dads", but I really wanted to call it crap and garbage because, like you, I worry every time I head out the driveway. I've never owned a cell phone, but I've taken to borrowing my husband's ancient flip phone when I'm Spyder ryding so I can call him to hook up our utility trailer and come rescue me.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default KEEP IT SIMPLE

A good example is the new vehicles today that are dependent more on electronics etc...Guess what, those are the vehicles that have the problems and recalls based on electronics. Not so much on the non-electronics....