Thread: Gopro

Spyder Garage

Default Gopro

Where's the best place to mount Gopro on a Rts. I got one for birthday. Now looking for a good place to mount it.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a mount on my back trunk lid, for video behind me. I have one just above the frunk, and one on my helmet. It is hard to find the perfect spot, but I am sure the good people on this site will give you some more suggestions.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I placed it on the left mirror here is a short vid of the viewhttps://youtu.be/HdU7jGJjEwU
    Last edited by Rukpub; 04-26-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    JW. Metro Atlanta. 2012 RT SE-5, TircLed mirror turn signals, run/turn saddlebag lights, ring of fire, and fender tip lights, ShowChrome backrest,chrome (wide) foot pegs, SpyderPops spyclops, A-arm LED's, JT's USB Port, Digital Voltmeter ( Ebay) and Performance Powersports Scoops.

Spyder Garage

Helmet.... it looks where you look.

Low on the chin bar works best for less bouncing.

I Vblog all the time... have a look.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It depends on what you are trying to capture. High up, on the helmet - your audience sees what you see, better view of the traffic, scenery, your windshield and instruments including speed. On the dashboard, it is sort of protected from weather, you don't have instruments blocking the viewfinder. Down low gives sense of speed and motion. Facing you... for the narcissist in you. The best videos mix it up, so you might consider multiple mounting locations.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default GoPro mounting

just remember to SAFETY THE CAMERA....do NOT trust the sticky stuff....use the wee lanyard to loop thru the case hinge & then tie THAT to another piece of line that is tied around something solid on the bike.....get some paracord

then when you do that, the sticky stuff will never fail...if you don't safety the camera though, it WILL fall off

I've mounted all over the Spyder.....just under the windshield, behind the windshield (rough- you get nasty reflections), on the dash looking at me, on the fenders, in the air intake, below the license plate, on the trunk, on the saddlebags & pn the side panels just in front of your thighs....still looking for my favorite spot & mount though...

M

2014 Spyder RT-S, Black on black, no mods (unless you count the BRP backrest!)

Spyder Garage

For those that don't want to spend that much, Costco is selling a Cobra crd 840, I got one, it has built in GPS and in the screener, it displays your speed and your trip is displayed on Google maps. With a 16GB chip, you get 4 hours of video, then it repeats itself. You can lock a snippet if you want to save something. I mounted it on the left windshield and the video was fine. You might want to keep the bugs cleaned off in front of the camera. I suppose that you could mount it on your helmet, as Bob is right that viewers see what you see.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default GoPro

I use a Hero 3 White mounted on left mirror with 3M double sided tape and a lanyard. Here's a link to one of the group rides with our club a few weeks ago. I have since turned out the camera just a fraction to get clear view of the road.

https://youtu.be/9OWWkl77Kx4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HVACR Guy View Post
    I use a Hero 3 White mounted on left mirror with 3M double sided tape and a lanyard. Here's a link to one of the group rides with our club a few weeks ago. I have since turned out the camera just a fraction to get clear view of the road.

https://youtu.be/9OWWkl77Kx4

I'm surprised how steady the video was mounted on mirror

Spyder Garage

Okay, I admit I cheated. I used a bit of the 3M tape wedged between mirror and body to steady it and the lanyard is pulled taught anchored to the bracket for the windshield.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Helmet.... it looks where you look.

Low on the chin bar works best for less bouncing.

I Vblog all the time... have a look.

Bob
    +1 on the helmet - I originally had it on the dash, but even a little mist would mess up the windshield and make for lousy videos. I like it a lot better with the camera looking where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by frelancr View Post
    just remember to SAFETY THE CAMERA....do NOT trust the sticky stuff....use the wee lanyard to loop thru the case hinge & then tie THAT to another piece of line that is tied around something solid on the bike.....get some paracord

then when you do that, the sticky stuff will never fail...if you don't safety the camera though, it WILL fall off

I've mounted all over the Spyder.....just under the windshield, behind the windshield (rough- you get nasty reflections), on the dash looking at me, on the fenders, in the air intake, below the license plate, on the trunk, on the saddlebags & pn the side panels just in front of your thighs....still looking for my favorite spot & mount though...

M
    Another +1. I used two of the GoPro sticky mounts on my helmet. One has the GoPro on it, the second, behind it a few inches, has a GoPro mount clipped in, and the GoPro is connected to it by a 6" 30LB test plastic coated steel fishing leader. Both mounts would have to fail at the same time for me to lose the camera.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Suction Mount

I use the suction mount on the frunk. I built a tether that loops under the mirror and connects to an eyelet item I attached to the bolt on top of the dash. After a few rides I decided to paint it flat black given that it was chrome and now it is almost invisible except when I have the tether connected. I built the tether out of cable and plastic dipped the ends.

I have ridden 500+ miles with it this way and have not had any issues with vibrations or anything like that. I recently picked up a swivit mount, have not tested it except inside the house.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Where's the best place to mount Gopro on a Rts. I got one for birthday. Now looking for a good place to mount it.

There are more options then you think. https://www.leadermotorcycle.com/col...-camera-mounts
    Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.
    ~Tracey