Thread: IPOD 13 RTL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default IPOD 13 RTL

I have a 2013 RTL. Today, I tried to hook up my ipod v4 to the bike. I followed the instructions by connecting from the right side the system plug to the ipod. Then connected the power plug from the left side to the ipod. Started up the bike so that the rear power outlet was live. Turned on the ipod and selected my music and song and started it. The screen did not show up AUX which would show the ipod was hooked up. This is where I am right now. How the heck does the AUX screen click on and from what I have read it should be automatic. Any help or suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I copied this from the 2013 RT Operator Manual: These are the compatible iPods:– iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation)– iPod nano (5th and 6th generation)– iPad– iPad 2– iPhone 4– iPhone 3GS– iPhone 3G.

If yours is not compatible I think you can use the 3.5mm cable, making your ipod work as an MP3 device. AUX will then appear on the screen, but you will not be able to change the music only the volume.

From the manual: When an MP3 player is connected tothe vehicle audio connector, it will playas set at the time of the connection.Only the volume control will be available.

Spyder Garage

You should be able to connect the compatible ipod to the ipod port using the one ipod cable provided with your Spyder. This will charge, play and control your ipod. Then from the main screen push the mode button once. This will give you the audio screen. Then you will change modes from there using the set button. If your ipod is connected correctly you will no longer have aux screen but a ipod screen.

PS you should have gotten a folded pamphlet with your Spyder on how to use the RECC.
    Last edited by billybovine; 04-22-2016 at 03:51 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RT and bought an older IPOD from ebay so I could have some tunes. Just be sure you have an IPOD cable. Mine came with the MP3 cable and it will work but you cannot skip and select songs on the IPOD unit. It took me some time to get it all figured out and get the right cable on. Now works great. Hope that helps.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default IPOD V4

OPS...The version Ipod I have is 4. Should work?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspyder View Post
    I copied this from the 2013 RT Operator Manual: These are the compatible iPods:– iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation)– iPod nano (5th and 6th generation)– iPad– iPad 2– iPhone 4– iPhone 3GS– iPhone 3G.

If yours is not compatible I think you can use the 3.5mm cable, making your ipod work as an MP3 device. AUX will then appear on the screen, but you will not be able to change the music only the volume.

From the manual: When an MP3 player is connected tothe vehicle audio connector, it will playas set at the time of the connection.Only the volume control will be available.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default FOUND THE ANSWER

First of all, thanks to everyone for helping me. I research the owners manual and previous to the Ipod section it gave some details. As stated, when in the audio mode, press the set button until aux screen comes up. I then turned on the Ipod music, and my favorite song came out blasting. I am a happy man now. Thanks everone!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SPIDR1 View Post
    OPS...The version Ipod I have is 4. Should work?