Spyder Garage

Thumbs up **The EVERGREEN RIDER - SPYDER PHOTOBOOK: Riding Through All Seasons, All Weather**

** The Evergreen Rider Photobook: Newfoundland by Motorcycle, All Seasons, All Weather **

** WARNING - LONG POST - This is a good time to pull your Spyder to the roadside at your favourite pit stop. Let your bike cool down, grab your favourite beverage and come along for a short ride of words with me **

THE BEGINNING
    ========================
    Ev·er·green - "...Through all four seasons..."
    In 2009 the motorcycle community and lifestyle drew me in. The Spyder Lovers Community and BRP's Support was a major part of this - You guys are enablers! Everyone here on Spyder Lovers knows that feeling, twisting the throttle with that youthful smile on your face, wind in your hair, zooming down your favourite winding roads, and the feeling of adventure a long ride holds.

"Time flies when you're having fun!" As cheesy as that sounds I've come to realize it's the truth. My Spyder adventures carried me many memorable miles the past five years, though literally all kinds of weather, through every season. That time flew by, but I've captured that time through my helmet's visor, fantastic memories framed from the seat of my Spyder.

THE EVERGREEN RIDING ADVENTURE - ALL WEATHER, ALL SEASONS
    ===========================================
    I traded my car for a bike and immersed myself into the motorcycling lifestyle. I rode every day for five years, everywhere I wanted and needed to go. It transformed the daily travels of life into adventures that brought me closer to the landscape where I rediscovered my homeland, Newfoundland, in the open air. With a short stint on a two-wheel bike in 2009, the adventures of the road ahead really opened up on three-wheels, with my 2010 Can-Am Quantum Blue RS SM5 Spyder, my only vehicle by choice for five years.

Through sun, rain, sleet, snow and ice I rode through beautiful untouched landscapes, traced twisty coastal roads and commuted in the chaos of city traffic. I rode my Spyder every day for five years, completed twenty oil changes, nine tire changes and achieved over 100,000KM on the clock.

THE EVERGREEN RIDER PHOTOBOOK
    =================================
    With the birth of our daughter a few years ago life has been extremely busy. This last year, between diaper changes and playtime, I managed to compile my road-side journal entries and Spyder adventure photographs. My first attempt at publishing a short travel book, The Evergreen Rider, is now complete.

The book was a personal goal, but my objective extends beyond just compiling the pictures and words on its' pages. The hope is for The Evergreen Rider to find its way to saddlebags, backpacks and coffee tables of fellow riders and adventurers. To the hands of friends and new riders joining the Spydering and motorcycling lifestyle. The words marry the photographs in a way that speaks to how every ride we take is an adventure, capturing the feeling of riding though the landscape or chaos of city streets, bringing readers, current and future riders along for the Spyder ride.

These adventures are available to everyone, no matter if you ride across a continent, across the country or across town for a jug of milk at the market (diapers for our little girl in my case haha). Spyder Riding Adventures are accessible to everyone!

BOOK FORWARD WRITTEN BY A FRIEND
    ==================================
    The Evergreen Rider - Newfoundland By Motorcycle. Through All Seasons, Through All Weather is a short select collection of photographs and accompanied short narratives of Dean's (groundeffect's) most memorable moments from the road. His heartfelt poetic words and colourful photography highlights his passion for finding faith in the landscape, capturing adventures of how he traveled solely by Spyder to rediscover his homeland. An accomplished motorcycle instructor, rider and contributor to the adventure community, Dean rode over 100,000KM in five years. From errand runs, commuting and adventure touring, through all seasons, through all weather across Newfoundland. The 70 hi-quality stunning photographs, 3200 vivid words, captivating descriptions across 80 pages make you feel like your right in the adventure.

EXCERPTS FROM THE BOOK
    ==========================
    "Ancient Ice From The North"
    Up again at sunrise, the clouds started to leak light of the faintest golden tones, silhouetting the rugged cliffs of Signal Hill and Fort Amherst. It was iceberg season. Again the Island became a playground for dinosaur-sized icebergs: fresh water frozen over 10,000 years ago separated from glaciers in Greenland. These bergs travel nearly two years to reach our shores and chill our coastal air. I rode in search of spring ice through wet flurries up the east coast of the Avalon.

Witless Bay Line is a 20-kilometer stretch across a barren but beautiful area with only a few hills rolling into the distance. Tattered shacks and broken-down campers were strewn about the roadsides among boulders and sparse patches of evergreens. Tall banks of tiered snow and telephone poles guided me through a thawing countryside.
    I shook the cold off my gloves by waving to the welcome signs along the Southern Shore of Tors Cove, Mobile, Witless Bay, Bay Bulls and Maddox Cove before seeing the first sign of ice at Blackhead. Winds and surf pounded the first berg that season as plumes of sea-spray exploded from every side.

Further along the coast, the currents shifted the ice from underneath at Cape St. Francis. Deep cracking sounds echoed from the water's edge. I stopped to admire the sights, hung my helmet on the handlebar and took in the refreshing breeze that blew across ancient ice from the north.

HOW TO GET YOUR COPY OF THE EVERGREEN RIDER SPYDER PHOTOBOOK
    ================================================== ====
    The 70 hi-quality photographs, 3200 vivid and descriptive words across the 80 page photobook take readers along for a ride, from errand runs, commuting and adventure touring.

Pick up your copy of The Evergreen Rider - Newfoundland By Motorcycle - Through All Seasons, Through All Weather, for your saddlebag, backpack, coffee table or e-reader at http://www.evergreenrider.com. Select from three versions available:

Hardcover Premium Paper Large Landscape 13x11:

Softcover Hi-Quality Photo Paper Standard 10x8:

eBook version for iPad tablets:

Book overview, photos/book preview and how to obtain your copy please visit http://WWW.EVERGREENRIDER.COM

TO ALL SPYDER LOVERS MEMBERS AND OTHER RIDERS OUT THERE - THANK YOU
    ================================================== ========
    I joined Spyder Lovers in 2009 as a newbie, asked a lot of questions and learned so much from the Community. Over time I'd like to think I was able to give back to this amazing community of enthusitsts, guiding new riders as I was once guided by experienced, open, honest and caring members of this forum. From the seat of my motorcycle and from my family to yours THANK YOU KINDLY for making me feel at home here, and on the road.

My many thanks and friendly rider's salute to the members of Spyder Lovers, riders I call friends. From the seat of my Spyder and from my family to yours, thank you kindly - this forum/community is a great source of information, inspiration, making new riders feel at home, welcomed on the forums and on the roads!

An epic Spyder Riding goal set five years ago, The Evergreen Rider adventure is now complete. My Quantum Blue RS SM5 Spyder has a new home, the Spyder Riding lifestyle is in my rearview mirror for now, as I wonder which Spyder would be right for me moving forward. Who knows what life's winding road will bring beyond the next curve, over the next hill, through the next valley or along the coast? In sharing my experiences through words and photographs I hope to reflect the passion we all have for adventure riding. As I share this book with you I look to the road ahead with happy shadows on the road behind me. Sincerely, Thank you. Be safe and Spyder On!

Thoughts/Comments/Reviews welcome in this thread, and feel free to contact me via PM, Email or at http://www.evergreenrider.ca/ Sincerely,
    Dean Parsons (groundeffect)
    Last edited by groundeffect; 04-21-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

Hey everyone!

Thoughts/Comments/Reviews welcome in this thread, and feel free to contact me via PM, Email or at http://www.evergreenrider.ca/ Sincerely, Dean Parsons (groundeffect)

Spyder Garage

Default “THERE’S NO ADVENTURE IN WAITING !!”

Thought I’d share this video overview of the Evergreen Rider Spyder Book:

“THERE’S NO ADVENTURE IN WAITING !!”

A quick hands-on look at the Evergreen Rider book emphasizing one of the underlying themes in the writing - getting up, getting out and keep moving. After all, there's no adventure in waiting!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck on your book sales.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Good luck and congrats it looks awesome!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

I am not finding a price for either of the three versions of the book?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I am not finding a price for either of the three versions of the book?

Thanks for the reply!!

The Evergreen Rider Spyder Photobook is available in three formats:
    1. Hard Cover Large Format 13x10 Premiuim Paper - Your copy if printed once you order and shipped directly to your door!

2. Soft Cover Standard Format 10x8 Hi-Quality Photo Paper - Your copy if printed once you order and shipped directly to your door!

3. EBook for iPAD devices and PDF Viewers - Downloadable immediately at purchase!

The prices for each will appear once you click on the book you'd like to purchase from the website. There is a very little profit margin - The cost is reflective of the number of pages that are printed and focuses on providing the reader with high quality paper and photography/colour imagery.

Just click on the one you'd like to purchase once you visit www.evergreenrider.ca !!!

Thanks for your reply and the support!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Thanks for the reply!!

The Evergreen Rider Spyder Photobook is available in three formats:
    1. Hard Cover Large Format 13x10 Premiuim Paper - Your copy if printed once you order and shipped directly to your door!

2. Soft Cover Standard Format 10x8 Hi-Quality Photo Paper - Your copy if printed once you order and shipped directly to your door!

3. EBook for iPAD devices and PDF Viewers - Downloadable immediately at purchase!

The prices for each will appear once you click on the book you'd like to purchase from the website. There is a very little profit margin - The cost is reflective of the number of pages that are printed and focuses on providing the reader with high quality paper and photography/colour imagery.

Just click on the one you'd like to purchase once you visit www.evergreenrider.ca !!!

Thanks for your reply and the support!!!
    Thanks for the update. Found the prices.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Good luck on your book sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron2andia View Post
    Good luck and congrats it looks awesome!

Appreciate the note guys, thanks for your support!

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone!

Wanted to share another excerpt from my book, The Evergreen Rider -Newfoundland By Motorcycle - Through All Seasons, All Weather: http://www.evergreenrider.ca

WALL OF FOG

"I left the city headed for where warm inland air melded with the ocean's cold front with a wall of fog falling across the road. Murals of Newfoundland traditions marked the incline as I zigzagged up the South Side hills. It slowed me to a snail's pace but feathering the clutch in second gear, I continued. The way ahead was void of all color but for yellow guidelines. At the point there was nobody for miles, just the sound of waves crashing on the coast and the taste of sea-salt in the air.

Fog held down the dampness along Cape Spear Drive and hazy outlines of trees were backlit by the rising sun that fought a misty morning in May."

Thanks for reading / Liking!! Full details here: http://www.evergreenrider.ca
    Attached Images Attached Images